• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

2015 Acebeam K60 CREE XHP70 LED 5000lm 700M throw Flashlight is releasing

Summer Heat

Newly Enlightened
Hello Acebeam. I just received a K60 today and I would like to know more about the low voltage indicator.

At what voltage of the batteries is the flashlight supposed to start to blinking 3 times every 15 seconds?

acebeam

Enlightened
Hello Acebeam. I just received a K60 today and I would like to know more about the low voltage indicator.

At what voltage of the batteries is the flashlight supposed to start to blinking 3 times every 15 seconds?

Hello sir, it's staring from 12.4V, please note.

harro

Enlightened
Just purchased a K60 and 4 of Acebeams high drain 3400 18650 cells. It is my first Acebeam light. Looking foward to a single emitter light that can purportedly output 5k lms. Will be interesting to see how it compares to my TK75 2.9k lm, LD75S, XTAR S1 etc.

ven

Flashaholic
You will like it a lot!
Far nicer beam than the 75 imho

i do prefer the xhp70 de domed, either way it has to be well up there as a favorite led for me!

Nicer beam and brighter basically over the 75, you should love the control ring UI too.....its all good!

harro

Enlightened
Thanks ven. We have quite a few well known brand suppliers here, but no one really stocks much of Acebeam. I dont know why, whether they think we have enough choice already, or just that no-one wants to be stuck with a heap of stock, should it not prove popular, or indeed, any good. Even though supbeam/acebeam is pretty new, from what we read, it seems to be of reasonably high quality. Personally, i like the idea of 5k lm out of 1 ( well, 4 x 7mm sq. ) emitter, even if its only for 3 minutes at a time. Even the next two levels are still pretty bright. Enough for a good wall of light out to several hundred metres, anyway. Yep, looking foward to its arrival.

:paypal:

ven

Flashaholic
The build and feel is very close to Fenix imho(bigger fenix's), so you wont be disappointed there!

It will run longer than 3 mins;) and the bonus of regulated too, not constantly getting dimmer like the tm16gt(which you would not notice in real life for a good while i admit)but still a regulated turbo is a bonus imo.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the TM16GT, TK75 2015, and the K60 compared at a distance of 120m.
Compliments of our friends over on Taschenlampen.
Having both the TK75 2015 and the TM16GT, I prefer the beam of the TK75 2015. The K60 beam looks very nice.

TM16GT_zpsshpaqw5e.jpg

TK75202015_zpsxkfo8o3g.jpg

K60_zpsiujb9hmf.jpg

harro

Enlightened
The single emitter and LOP reflector certainly provides a smoother beam profile. Even in these pics, with a bit going on, you can see the more artifacty ( !? ) beams of the quads. The 60 has a nice transition from spot to corona to spill. They're all nice lights, but that '60 doing that with one emitter...

ven

Flashaholic
The single emitter and LOP reflector certainly provides a smoother beam profile. Even in these pics, with a bit going on, you can see the more artifacty ( !? ) beams of the quads. The 60 has a nice transition from spot to corona to spill. They're all nice lights, but that '60 doing that with one emitter...

The de-dome for me takes it further, far nicer beam than the tk75, even nicer than the tn35vn mt-g2(thats a nice beam!) .

ven

Flashaholic
Does the XHP70 have a dome, in the truest sense of that word, or is it more like a flattish silicone ' cover ' ? And they can be de-domed without causing any problems ?

Yes 4 small die(not sure if xp-l or not tbh, someone will know) covered by a dome, the de-dome gets the kcd up from 160 to over 200(large die so never going to be outstanding) . Also no + in the beam which i am led to believe only noticeable in white wall hunting..............dont know on that. That is why i went for the vn version........also the tint looses around 500k ish, kind of a cool /neutral if makes sense, would put it between 5200-5500k but thats my eyes!!!

Think tn35 on steroids...........kind of

harro

Enlightened
The vn version would certainly be nice, but our crappy $ sort of puts paid to that, at present. Mind you, a 40 kcd jump would be nice. It would better light my escape path from the rolling pin that would be launched squarely at my noggin, immediately after ' she who must be obeyed ' finds out I have just spent extra on a vn mod, after I have just explained away the cost of the standard K60 and high drain cells, and why our lives will be so much better for the purchase...

:laughing::twak:

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing: she will give up eventually, it will happen one day........honest!!

Vinhs measurements are 230kcd, and from stretching the k60vn's legs, i would say around that ........
As i always warn, poor conditions and on a phone! so not as bright, nor do you see anywhere as much as by eye

Huge hot spot

Some lights are worth taking a beating for:whoopin:..................this is one of them! :whistle: