2017 Nitecore 1x1 double AA MT22A

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, PA40 4xAA. Carbon fiber body, aluminum head. Fenix had a similar E40, just a plastic body, no carbon fiber.

sphere

Newly Enlightened
I think this type of flashlight, or other design, could incorporate, a sure-fire style/TNVCs T.A.P.S pressure pad switch/switches.
One for momentary on, one side for low, one side for high.
And another switch, same as, but permanent on,for both functions.

And a mechanical isolate power switch, yes I am obsessed with that function :)

Last edited:

sphere

Newly Enlightened
Lol I suggest to them for the MT22A, for possible options in fde, and orange, etc, And what do I see here, amazing ! :) . though also suggested a mechanical lockout for battery. But you can't have it all :)

Main body as we know, is plastic. I think the head part, is indeed alloy, to disperse the heat I guess, much in the same vein,as a
surefire g2x pro etc.
(Now more noticable,with the fde and yellow models, as heads are still black)

Last edited:

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still no ETA on this light? I'll pick one of these up if the price is not too much. I still prefer if Nitecore added one more output level around 100 lumens.

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The design looks quite interesting and it looks like it is trimmed more on runtime than output. 260 lumens are more than enough for most uses. What I curious about is the opening mechanism, looks like it can open accidentially with the button being on the side. Anyways I'm looking forward to the reviews, always glad to see some new designs ;-).

sphere

Newly Enlightened
"Opening mechanism, looks like it can open accidentally with the button being on the side" ...
I agree German cousin, I thought the same at the time.

Test, you being German. when he describes the colour options, Does he say neon yellow, for the yellow one, I think I could just about make out?.
Does he say, tan, or fde, flat dark earth :) ?.

I am curious

David

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks more and more like it turns on in default high mode. Too bad. Some will like that, but not I. First choice would be default low mode, ascending brightness, but it clearly is descending.

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Test, you being German. when he describes the colour options, Does he say neon yellow, for the yellow one, I think I could just about make out?.
Does he say, tan, or fde, flat dark earth :) ?.

You are right with the first on he indeed says neon yellow. The last color he describes as "sandfarben" which translates directly to sand-colored ;-).

@Hondo: You are right, as of lately I'm more a fan of ascending light modes. So you don't blind yourself when you want to use your light for thje proximity and not the distance.

sphere

Newly Enlightened
..Thank you Rayman :) . (I am told my moms granddad was German, but need to research it more).

Hopefully, it's the last setting they had the light in, so it remembered it, when he demonstrated it. And it actually starts in the lowest settings, from default, fingers crossed :).

mt22a-jpg.66760

Out mid to late June now !

Last edited:

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problem, always glad to help translate ;-). Especially this channel is really interesting to watch if you are into flashlights here in Germany.

Back to topic: Let's wait and see if it indeed has a memory mode.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I just ordered a yellow one to try. It says the are available from the Nitecore store. I like the format and double AA source. I'll probably keep Energizer lithiums in it and use medium mode or low most often. Eneloops for when high will be used for extended times.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have a soft spot for side-by-sides. Here we go:

MT22A_zpsyotqmdgn.jpg

Looks like a plastic case? If so, 260 lumens could get the LED a bit hot. Too bad it is not offered with neutral/HCRI.

260 lumens shouldn't get the LED too hot with todays technology that is perhaps a watt and a half. I have some old 3AA LED lights that are plastic that are about 80 lumens using luxeon 1 LEDs that had no problems with heat and that would be about the same power to the LED also. What would be interesting is if it could tailstand and had a diffused plastic cone or something to have it usable as a lantern.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agree, it is mostly the user interface that is scaring me about this. Don't want to have to cycle through flash modes, and don't want to start on high every time. Waiting on confirmation of how it works. Shame if this form factor does not have a practical user interface, which is how it is looking.

sandalian

Enlightened
..Thank you Rayman :) . (I am told my moms granddad was German, but need to research it more).

Hopefully, it's the last setting they had the light in, so it remembered it, when he demonstrated it. And it actually starts in the lowest settings, from default, fingers crossed :).

mt22a-jpg.66760

Out mid to late June now !

It's hard to decide which color to purchase..

Latest posts