• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

2018 Mega Beam Shots

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great overview. Always good to hear from the master. I feel I'm across the table from Vinh, in the same room, just having a friendly conversation.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great overview. Always good to hear from the master. I feel I'm across the table from Vinh, in the same room, just having a friendly conversation.

I still cant understand why he choose g25c2vn over acebeam L16vn.... i am very disagree.. i think l16vn is better than g25c2vn... i have both lights..

acebeam l16vn xhp 35 hi
hold turbo or high longer...
still running on high even at 3.6v.

g25c2vn sst40
output drop almost 60 % after turn on to 30 seconds..

Xhp35hi win, and L16vn is the king of the tactical light.. l16vn have twice more lumen than g25c2vn.

vinh, do you have anything to say ?

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I still cant understand why he choose g25c2vn over acebeam L16vn.... i am very disagree.. i think l16vn is better than g25c2vn... i have both lights..

acebeam l16vn xhp 35 hi
hold turbo or high longer...
still running on high even at 3.6v.

g25c2vn sst40
output drop almost 60 % after turn on to 30 seconds..

Xhp35hi win, and L16vn is the king of the tactical light.. l16vn have twice more lumen than g25c2vn.

vinh, do you have anything to say ?

I dont think L16vn was in the beam shot discussion. But yes I think its an excellent light. I like it as much as the G25C2vn for different reasons.

toolboy

Newly Enlightened
Re: Clash of The Throwers 2018

I hope the LX70 shows up. I've long wondered how these would compare with the big HID.

Nice posting that spreadsheet MAD! Good times!!! Makes me miss my RC40vnT and T6vn :(

I have a Xevision LX70 and a Fenix RC40 2016 edition. I am a professional firefighter and use them for rescues and accidents. The RC40 is the best usable light I have found, it has 5 levels, can run 18-20 min at 6000 lumens and then steps down to 4000 lumens. I have yet to find a light that runs at that output for longer. The LX70 runs 7000 lumens for over 90 minutes with no step down and is all built to military specs, 50 meter waterproof, tested to 100 meters. the LX70 throws further than almost all leds with decent flood for easier recognition of what you are looking at. Its 4100K bulb allows better color recognition for rescues and spotting targets. I wish Vinh could design a high power, longer running, waterproof led light than the RC40. As his chart shows most lights are sub 10 min at peak output, not usable in my world. Not trying to hijack thread just figured not too many people have LX70's. Most people who like leds like the high color temp as the 4100k HID looks yellow to most, but at 4100k the color you can see is dramatically better.

SKV89

Enlightened

Vinh, Do you think you can get 3MCD + with a waivien collar and aspheric lense on the GTvn90? They are gauging interest for a waivien collar at BLF.
3-Reflectors-e1374708766125.jpg

Also someone posted a link to aspheric lense for a very decent price.

star_c_star

Enlightened

Vinh, Do you think you can get 3MCD + with a waivien collar and aspheric lense on the GTvn90? They are gauging interest for a waivien collar at BLF.
3-Reflectors-e1374708766125.jpg

Also someone posted a link to aspheric lense for a very decent price.

I would certainly be interested in such a BLFGTvn90.

It would make my current aspheric flashlights with wavien collars seem like key chain lights.

Finding a good quality glass aspheric lens of that size might be difficult.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I would certainly be interested in such a BLFGTvn90.

It would make my current aspheric flashlights with wavien collars seem like key chain lights.

Finding a good quality glass aspheric lens of that size might be difficult.

Right on. I got no clue where to get a GT size aspheric...

SKV89

Enlightened

I remember reading somewhere that someone found an aspheric lense that fits the GT.

If you can make one with wavien collar and aspheric lense with 3MCD, I will buy it despite I didn't like the large size.