• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 27LT Bezels FOR SALE !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
HI guys. The bezels went out a little late. I got all of the domestic orders out today. International orders should go out tomorrow.
Sorry about the delay. I started this sale right smack of a very busy time for me. Anyway most of you should receive your rings within a couple of days. Weather and postal forces working together will help.
Oh and by the way. I have plenty of parts available.

Yaesumofo

Chucula

Newly Enlightened
Got mine today and it looks awesome. Adds a lot of window protection as well. Thanks :)

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
These seem nicer than the Ti ones, perfect fit. Great job James! :goodjob:

MOFO001.jpg

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW all current orders except for criollo's (which will go out tomorrow.)

Thanks for the compliments guys.

These are exactly the same part. I did do one more step and hand deburred each part as the Ti part. I did not do this with the TI parts because for some reason it seemed to me that they matched the sharp edged finish of the 27LT.
I wanted the SS parts to not quite as SHARP as the other ones.
I work with an excellent machine shop. I always go to the shop on the day that they are going to make the part to check the part. One small error can cause delay and expense for the shop (and me). I do all of the QC myself to make sure each part will work. I also individually pack each part in it's own sealed plastic envelope.

There is a fair amount of time and energy that goes into these.

It pays off when you guys come out and compliment me for my work.
I hope you guys notice that I work very hard to keep prices within reach. I notice prices rising on everything around here and do not understand why (except for the price of titanium).
I do my very best to provide a great value to the people who buy my stuff.
Thanks.
BTW I have quite a few of the stainless parts still available. Oh, and don't forget you have a 1 in 67 chance to receive a titanium part instead of the stainless steel part (master Titanium part got mixed up with finished parts)

Thanks again guys.
Yaesumofo

jefft

Enlightened
Mofo, got mine yesterday. Just as nice as the titanium I have from you. I knew buying an extra 27LT would come in handy! Now, if only you'd get those A3 bezel rings done......

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my ss bezel Saturday and couldn't be happier! It is a work of art and really does add to the lights apperance and would be very nice to have one if you dropped the light. Thanks Yaesumofo....it's guys like you who make this such a fun hobby!!

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the kind words lrp. I do my best with the projects I do for myself and the ones I do for others.
In any event I still have a number of these that I need to sell, so that I can put my energy (cash) to my next project (a batch chromed ARC LS Mods that I am doing a small run of). If you are on the fence, get off and order up. Oh and BTW if you are waiting in the hopes that the price will drop...forget it. If anything I will raise the price when I have fewer parts left. The last of the titanium parts went for a premium. These will too, unless they go quickly. I know this thinking is not logical, but neither is the hobby of flashlight collecting. Anyway guys I do this because it is fun. I am not in it to make a living, I am in it to make enough dough to keep going. To make other parts for popular lights or even make a whole batch of turnkey modded lights. For me it is just an adventure, The praise I get from you guys when you get my parts really makes me feel good. At the same time when one of you has a problem I feel terrible and I work hard to find solutions to any problems that may come up.

I have received ONE(out of 70+ sold) report that the bezel did not hold the Lens with pressure to the O-Ring. Resulting in a loose front glass. The fix is simple a larger (thicker) O-ring or a thicker window. Some people with the -S variety of Lt's also experienced this problem. This is due to the 0.030" removed from the reflectors. The heads internal dimensions were not changed in the -s lights but the reflector length did. The 27LT bezel is made for the 27LT specifically. The -S's need a thicker O-Ring.
All of that said, It is important to make sure that you have a good seal between the lens and o-ring. This is achieved by having good pressure between the bezel ring and the window glass. So guys before going out and running around in the rain or before taking the plunge into the ocean or your pool please MAKE SURE that you have a perfect seal anything less will not do. A poor seal will allow water into the light which could end up damaging your light resulting in an expensive repair bill.
My goal is to provide a high quality product whose use will not lead to the flashlights destruction.
I can't take responsibility for a destroyed flashlight due to a poor seal. So if anybody does in fact have this problem Just let me know VIA PM and I will work with you to find a fix or a return.
Anyway enjoy and have fun!!
Yaesumofo

lrp said:
I received my ss bezel Saturday and couldn't be happier! It is a work of art and really does add to the lights appearance and would be very nice to have one if you dropped the light. Thanks Yaesumofo....it's guys like you who make this such a fun hobby!!

charlesn

Enlightened
Given the problems that cropped up regarding use of the Ti bezels with the 27LT-S, I read this thread carefully before ordering. I figured that any possible issues with that light would surely be noted, but the info given was that the bezel should work with all 27LT lights.

Unfortunately, that is not the case--it doesn't tighten down against the glass of the 27LT-S, as I discovered when my bezel was delivered yesterday and I tried it last night--which is the same problem as the Ti model. And it makes no sense that this would only happen on some 27LT-S lights--it's not as if Don is building these lights out of parts with varying specs. The specs for each part--head, reflector, O-ring, glass--are the specs, and the bezel either fits properly or it doesn't. It doesn't, period. It's not even close. Tightened to the max, the window glass still rattles.

Wondering WTF? and figuring that I couldn't be the only one having a problem, I logged onto this thread to see that a new warning has been posted about these issues, and that the 27LT-S requires a thicker O-ring or window for use with this bezel. Why wasn't this posted from the beginning, given past experience with the Ti model? I would bet that most buyers of this SS bezel are getting it for their recently purchased 27LT-S lights.

A warning to 27LT-S owners using this bezel without a thicker O-ring or window--do not submerse your light! Your window may not rattle like mine, but you surely do not have a watertight seal.

Well, it's off to B/S/T to sell this bezel.

charlesn

Enlightened
yaesumofo said:
So if anybody does in fact have this problem Just let me know VIA PM and I will work with you to find a fix or a return.
Anyway enjoy and have fun!!
Yaesumofo

James, I didn't see this offer prior to my previous post, so kudos for the customer service. I'll PM you -- if you had access to the proper O-rings to use, I'd happily buy one from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts