3AA River Rock Lantern CREE from Target

FBsLights

Newly Enlightened
I would like to find one of these at a local Target.

What information would I need to call a Target and have them search local store inventory? UPC? Does anyone have the UPC number from a recent purchase?

Thanks,
FB

FBsLights

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone even know if the "River Rock" brand was/is sold at Targets in Oregon? Specifically, Portland area?

I have looked at several Targets and haven't even seen a light with the "River Rock" brand. I've looked for the clearance sections also and still haven't found them.

FB

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone even know if the "River Rock" brand was/is sold at Targets in Oregon? Specifically, Portland area?

I have looked at several Targets and haven't even seen a light with the "River Rock" brand. I've looked for the clearance sections also and still haven't found them.

FB

From what I've seen going down at my Target's, it would appear that River Rock is history. It's only Inova, Energizer, Mag and Life + Gear now.

Nite

Enlightened
you have found the exact unit...IN a new color!...properly lableled for the Cree emitter. thanks! Correct specs for the Cree! New packaging!

How many brightness levels?

This looks like ones I am starting to see under other names such as BULB and Grenade. I think the latter name is probably not a good idea.

They have 2 brightness levels and strobe, allegedly up to 136 lumens with 16 hour runtime on high!, 35 on low.

Even Coleman is going to use Cree.

Donald

Newly Enlightened
As mentioned herein, I also do not see the RiverRock lanterns at Target anymore. I'm bummed, a leaking Kirkland battery destroyed one of the contacts in my Cree LED RiverRock. I hope COSTCO makes good on it. If they do, or if I need to replace it for this hurricane season, what should I look for in a similar lantern? Have they gotten even brighter and more efficient?*

Since the hurricane season started this June 2010, I have already lost power one two occasions for several hours. I'm not exactly sure what caused the first outage, but the second time was as bad thunderstorm with hail. I think it probably took out the repair done the first time.

--------------
*I imagine there are some detailed threads here once I get to searching but some pointers and a synopsis of what LED lantern to consider, if I have to make a quick choice, would be appreciated.

tritan

Newly Enlightened
well , since my last post I did go and buy two of theses during the sale/clearance . 2 /20.00 what a great find on these boards!! I am looking for another one but can't find them at all anymore. My kids love these lights works great in the tent and around the campsite.