4Sevens announces closure

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really? I never liked the 4sevens twisties, as I always found them very temper-mental. Small, though, so I guess that was their appeal.

Personally, I liked their old Quarks. I always figured those would be their best sellers.
"Temperamental" is a very good description of the 47 twisties. They had to be carefully maintained or they were a royal pain in the rear. I had a stainless steel Preon Revo that I carried as a backup for many years, and I thought it was a wonderful little light. The only reason I don't own it anymore is because it was lost when my suitcase ripped open on a flight. The Revo had been long discontinued by that point, so I bought a AAA LED Maglite as a replacement.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I owned one Nitecore light. I've never been tempted to buy another.

The point wasn't the brands rather stating the fact most of these companies have a deep bench. In some ways I though the "Foursevens collection" as David called it product line wasn't deep enough. I think some of that came from artificial restrictions which other manufactures like Fenix or Nitecore didn't have to deal with. Kinda to opposite of your impression.

edit.

As for Nitecore IMHO some of their stuff is really good...others not so much.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Name calling is off topic. I am going to delete all the posts relating to it. It's actually embarrassing I have gotta do this.

LGT

Enlightened
Really? I never liked the 4sevens twisties, as I always found them very temper-mental. Small, though, so I guess that was their appeal.

Personally, I liked their old Quarks. I always figured those would be their best sellers.
The only two of about six 47 lights that I've owned and still use are a cool white and a high cri mini, the rest were abysmal.
Lucky I guess, but my two twisties have always performed flawlessly.

Last edited:

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Because of this thread... I get to relive some fond memories... more than 3000 days ago, David Chow share his passion in this 4Sevens light...

W30FDkh.jpg

KG3xgkL.jpg

Awesome Neutral Tint! I like it so much that I own 2. This is a user and another is kept in pristine condition. :kiss:

recDNA

Flashaholic
Because of this thread... I get to relive some fond memories... more than 3000 days ago, David Chow share his passion in this 4Sevens light...

W30FDkh.jpg

KG3xgkL.jpg

Awesome Neutral Tint! I like it so much that I own 2. This is a user and another is kept in pristine condition. :kiss:
I have one also. Great light. Gets constant use in bathroom.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
...I had a stainless steel Preon Revo that I carried as a backup for many years, and I thought it was a wonderful little light....

I had a stainless Preon REVO with a neutral white emitter. It was about the most perfect tint I have ever had. And about the most perfect AAA unit that I have ever encountered. Selling that was really, really hard (Sob!) but I was not using it enough and I needed the money.

Like the Titanium Quarks, that SS NW REVO was just a classic light. Is a '65 Mustang ever going to stop being a classic car? No. Some (not all) of the 4/7s lights were like that.

Here's a great thread if you want to relive some fond 4Sevens and Foursevens memories. - #1

~ Chance

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
Name calling is off topic. I am going to delete all the posts relating to it. It's actually embarrassing I have gotta do this.
my bad for being one of the posts that had to be deleted. didnt realize that is what was going on and thought there was a real person named that.

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Here's a great thread if you want to relive some fond 4Sevens and Foursevens memories. - #1
Thanks for the heads-up Chance. Nice thread.

My user Turbo, with diffuser installed. Another one is in storage to maintain its pristine condition...
tgYExuy.jpg

One of my Preon ReVO, too cute to carry...
L56APy2.jpg

My one and only Preon Ti Blk...
9FjqPy7.jpg

My Primary CR123A battery tester, Mini 123 Warm
2xSslk4.jpg

:grin2:

Swordforthelord

Newly Enlightened
My user Turbo, with diffuser installed. Another one is in storage to maintain its pristine condition...
tgYExuy.jpg

I love my Turbo, it's one of the best physically proportioned lights I own. The much larger Turbo X heads always make the light look so much more ungainly by comparison.

... Maybe if dedomed/domeless LED's had been around at the time a smaller head could have been used without sacrificing throw.

Isn't it a wonderful time to be a flashaholic! :twothumbs

Goldilocks and the Three Flashlights. :p

0GOqBaE.jpg

The Maelstrom Regen MMR-X
1 to 800 Lumens
Micro-USB Charging
18650 Fueled
Five User Interfaces

Available in any color you want.... as long as it's Black, Blue or Brass. :)

F8gAZlg.jpg

~ Chance

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
My only FourSevens light is one of the original Preon P2 in gold. The tint was a bit toward the green side.

The twisties and the Quarks never appealed to me. I've never bought a light solely on it's appearance or uniqueness - function was always highest priority.

My only FourSevens light is one of the original Preon P2 in gold. The tint was a bit toward the green side.

The twisties and the Quarks never appealed to me. I've never bought a light solely on it's appearance or uniqueness - function was always highest priority.

Never in 14 years?! It's time to turn in your Flashaholic badge. :nana:

~ Chance

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always thought when the Preons came out, that his "smooth anodizing that is able to give you grip" was pretty nice. I'm not too sure if the latest Preons that I have are using that feature, they feel slippery.

Swordforthelord

Newly Enlightened
I always thought when the Preons came out, that his "smooth anodizing that is able to give you grip" was pretty nice. I'm not too sure if the latest Preons that I have are using that feature, they feel slippery.
I liked it but it still wasn't enough grip to operate the light as a twisty one handed (not for me at least)

IMO, the original Preons (two on the left) were a bit slippery. The new Preons had a machined relief, making them easier to purchase.

Installing clicky tail-caps on the first-run Preons made them one hand operational.

~ Chance

g1POQ9M.jpg

Here's a little better picture of the machining.
vWh0rxF.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.