4Sevens announces closure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimitz68

Enlightened
Wow, I completely missed the boat on these flashlights. I have never owned one, but they look very nice. Great lights, everyone!

BigD64

Enlightened
Very sad, 47's have been some of my favorite lights for years, my main EDC is a Quark 123 Turbo, with a Stainless Fenix LD01 as backup. I have 40 or so 47's lights and met with David Chow about 10 years ago when the brand was very new. He was very interested in hearing what customers had to say. I have a lot of lights the majority are Surefire, Fenix and FourSevens, while I never got an Atom, I have most of 47's other light up to the MMU-18. Never had any issues with any of their lights. (well the MMU-18 was a little finicky unless it had new batteries in it.) They never let me down and were very reasonably priced. I bought several of his blue tooth lights on closeout. Does anyone have any idea if the app will be developed for android. I have it on my iphone but would like to gift some to android users.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully David will be back with 5Sevens or maybe even 6 of em! Still REALLY love my Quark Turbo QB2A!! It's my favorite 2xAA throwy light, and still in use often (sits next to my back door)!! My draw full of other Quarks still get the occasional use. Long live David Chow!!

Imon

Enlightened
Wow, sad to hear it.
I used to use a twisty mini as my back-up light.

I'm glad I got a Quark RGB too before they were discontinued. They're honestly pretty pointless and the UI is clumsy but they're fun to play around with.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, sad to hear it.
I used to use a twisty mini as my back-up light.

I'm glad I got a Quark RGB too before they were discontinued. They're honestly pretty pointless and the UI is clumsy but they're fun to play around with.

I always wanted an RGB, and still don't know why I want(ed) one. Oh well.

royjohnson77

Newly Enlightened
Is the new Foursevens lights going to be made by Olight? If yes, how is Foursevens going to take over Olight Batons?

The relations will not last long with Olight as I see there would be a conflict of interest whereby they are competitors.

Last edited:
Very sad, 47's have been some of my favorite lights for years, my main EDC is a Quark 123 Turbo, with a Stainless Fenix LD01 as backup. I have 40 or so 47's lights and met with David Chow about 10 years ago when the brand was very new. He was very interested in hearing what customers had to say. I have a lot of lights the majority are Surefire, Fenix and FourSevens, while I never got an Atom, I have most of 47's other light up to the MMU-18. Never had any issues with any of their lights. (well the MMU-18 was a little finicky unless it had new batteries in it.) They never let me down and were very reasonably priced. I bought several of his blue tooth lights on closeout.

Does anyone have any idea if the app will be developed for android.

I have it on my iphone but would like to gift some to android users.

Given what David Chow conveyed in his farewell video, it's entirely possible the new owner of Foursevens will indeed develop an app for android users. With that being stated, the answer to your question is, No. No one posting here has any idea if an app will, or won't be developed for android users. :rolleyes:

~ Chance

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the new Foursevens lights going to be made by Olight? If yes, how is Foursevens going to take over Olight Batons?

The relations will not last long with Olight as I see there would be a conflict of interest whereby they are competitors.

I have not seen answers, other than what David said in his video. As far as a concern about conflict of interest I believe someone previously mentioned that David is on the Board of Directors of Olight. Any one able to confirm this?

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not seen answers, other than what David said in his video. As far as a concern about conflict of interest I believe someone previously mentioned that David is on the Board of Directors of Olight. Any one able to confirm this?

Apparently, he's the chairman.

IMG_20171202_084805.jpg

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Did you see the actual photo of the post? I wonder if it was a case of posting before thinking and then trying to remove it? I know I've done that plenty of times 

No all I seen was the image on Imgur. That does not constitute proof of anything IMO. That however is not saying I am accusing anyone of lying. Just saying I have yet to see proof of anything.

3:59 "As to the reason why, I will save for another time. Ah, really there is enough I could talk about to write a book.
- David Chow

Taking David at his word, I don't think the above quoted imgur post nearly begins to tell the story of why he left the lighting industry. Also, such a snippet of information doesn't seem to be in accordance with David Chow's style.

~ Chance

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I'd better step in here before this gets out of hand. Firstly, I don't know who royjohnson77 is and I don't have someone with that name in my facebook friends list but whoever he is he's in my list and to share something only to a list of online friends and not to the public is kind of rude - he didn't notice or didn't intend to but still it was rude. I didn't intent that conversation to be aired out in public. So please pull that screen shot roy or whoever you are please.

Secondly I did post that statement and I stand by it BUT I NEVER said Olight forced the closure of Foursevens. If you read my statement again I said the partnership deteriorated and it was the deteriorated partnership that forced the closure of foursevens. There is a difference. A significant difference. So please don't misquote me and spread false rumors. Thanks :)

archimedes

Flashaholic
Is now a good time to remind everyone of Rule 12 ... ?

Reposting Private Communications

It is not appropriate for any member of CandlePowerForums to post and/or quote in the open forums any part of a private communication that is authored by someone other than themselves. This includes, but is not limited to, emails and private messages. Private communications, for these purposes defined as anything that is not originally posted in the open forums, are just that - private. The author has a reasonable expectation of it remaining so. CandlePowerForums honors and respects that and unless there are certain exigent circumstances (determined by a member of the CPF staff), you will be asked to remove the material in question and/or it will be removed for you by a member of the CPF staff. Depending on the severity and/or repetitiveness of the offense, posting privileges can be removed temporarily or permanently.

Yes, social media accounts not accessible to the general public are considered private

Last edited:

Greta

Flashaholic
I have removed a bunch of posts from this thread citing Rule #12.

This thread has gone on long enough and required too much of our attention.

The facts are out there... straight from the horse's mouth, as it were.

This is done. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.