500 Lumen - AAA Flashlight (photos) - Work In Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris975d

Newly Enlightened
Thanks ;)

If it matters to you, it matter to me :thumbsup:

For the endcap folks, is this something you'd plan to carry with you?

tgwnn

If you made a cap for the spare body so it could be used as a battery carrier when not in use, yes, I would definitely have that with me on my keychain, if it had an attachment method.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you made a cap for the spare body so it could be used as a battery carrier when not in use, yes, I would definitely have that with me on my keychain, if it had an attachment method.
+1
I think Guy has that covered though. Both bodies will have the splitring/lanyard hole in between the endcap fins.
GL

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll just weigh in and say I wouldn't use the spare body as a spare cell carrier. All my spare cells are in plastic containers in the side pouch of my bag, and carrying a spare cell on my keychain or even in my pocket would be impractical for me in almost all situations. I'm not trying to tell you not to make it, just that it wouldn't be useful to me. If it's sold as an accessory, I won't buy it, and if it's included in the purchase of the Torpedo, it will go in my junk box along with all my spare o-rings and switches, etc. If it's included with the purchase of the Torpedo and increases the price and/or production time, I would be slightly grumpy, but I would still get the Torpedo. ;)

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast

+1 I have containers for 2 extra batts for all my lights and would like some sort of spare as I expect to use this light a lot and understand it will only run for so long.

@Lopesepol75: Great idea with the endcap :thumbsup:

And, yep, some attachment point would be appreciated :)

BTW... 4500K for emu :devil:

+1
I think Guy has that covered though. Both bodies will have the splitring/lanyard hole in between the endcap fins.
GL

I'll just weigh in and say I wouldn't use the spare body as a spare cell carrier. All my spare cells are in plastic containers in the side pouch of my bag, and carrying a spare cell on my keychain or even in my pocket would be impractical for me in almost all situations. I'm not trying to tell you not to make it, just that it wouldn't be useful to me. If it's sold as an accessory, I won't buy it, and if it's included in the purchase of the Torpedo, it will go in my junk box along with all my spare o-rings and switches, etc. If it's included with the purchase of the Torpedo and increases the price and/or production time, I would be slightly grumpy, but I would still get the Torpedo. ;)

Thanks for the quick feedback. Much appreciated as always.

Making an endcap is easy enough all things considered.
I could possibly make some battery holders of 10440 & 10250 size so you could carry whichever.
I need to check on quantity (minimum's) to make sure its doable at a reasonable price,

and yes as Bigmac mentioned, it should not be the cause of a delay (dont think it would be),
but perhaps could be an option going forward or even a standalone product, in various sizes?

tgwnn

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the endcap folks, is this something you'd plan to carry with you?

tgwnn

In my case, I would carry a spare battery in it for camping or hiking (more space left for AA's and lithiums in my plastic cases). The material is not very important to me as it would stay in the backpack. I don't mind if it's a separate item later down the line.

Lopezepol75

Newly Enlightened
yeah I probably would carry it because the topedos runtime on high is short so I wouldn't edc it with out a back up light or an extra battery (or both). If someone has a light in their pocket they could throw the batt holder on their keychain on visa versa. A endcap accessory would also protect the extra body from crap gettin inside.

shadeone

Newly Enlightened
+1 on a seperate thing for later in regards to the spare battery carrier cap...

nothing to add to the price of the light currently! :)

nbp

Flashaholic
I'm thinking the same thing, I highly doubt a smooth reflector will give this any noticeable throw advantage over an LOP, and will most likely just make it more ringy.

+1

I'd rather have the smoothest beam possible, not the throwiest. Just my opinion. :shrug:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Smooth beam . . . +1

Ahghhhh, that is the beauty of LOP and XM-L combination. I still would like to see the comparison beam shots. Artifacts in a beam are ultra annoying to me, more so than tint, floodiness, or reach. :D
GL

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
...as Bigmac mentioned, it should not be the cause of a delay (dont think it would be),
but perhaps could be an option going forward or even a standalone product, in various sizes?
I see an optional choice being the most sensible as I'm another who
would probably end up tossing it into a box along with other parts.
+1

I'd rather have the smoothest beam possible, not the throwiest. Just my opinion. :shrug:
Love smoothly blended beam patterns! L0P for me too (not the Fenix one though, that was ages ago...) :D

ruriimasu

Enlightened
+1 for more throw
+1 for anything NW or warm

nope for battery holder. i dont carry them.
nope for clip as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts