6P or Z2?

Benner

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been done before, but despite my best efforts I could not find a decent comparison of these 2.

For various reasons I have decided that I want to start EDCing an incandescent light and have narrowed it down to the Surefire 6P and the Z2 which are both available at a decent price over here in the UK. I am torn between the 2 though and wondered if anyone had any thoughts that would help me chose one over the other and maybe if anyone knew of anywhere that had a pic of them both next to eachother?

Thanks in advance for the help

Benner

SimpleIsGood229

Newly Enlightened
It literally boils down to this: will you be using this light in conjunction with a handgun? If so, get the Z2 and don't look back. If not, the 6P will serve you just fine.

They are literally the same light, aside from the Z2's Combat Rings.

What general grip preference do you have?

Benner

Newly Enlightened
It literally boils down to this: will you be using this light in conjunction with a handgun? If so, get the Z2 and don't look back. If not, the 6P will serve you just fine.

They are literally the same light, aside from the Z2's Combat Rings.

What general grip preference do you have?

Sadly I live in the good old UK so handgun's sadly aren't an option.

I don't generally have a grip preferance TBH, I'm more concerned with pocketability. The Z2 seems quite a bit slimmer in the pics or is it not that much?

Last edited:

SimpleIsGood229

Newly Enlightened
The Z2 is the same diameter in the grip area as the E-Series, but the bezel and tailcap section are standard C/P Series diameter.

The 6P will be more pocketable since it won't have the rubber rings sliding all over, grabbing the inside of your pocket. I own both, and have been there and done that.

Since pocketability is important, have you taken a look at the Surefire E2 incandescent?

Benner

Newly Enlightened
Yes I have, but due to the comparatively fewer mods available I rejected it. I do like the size of it though and the Satin Grey version is available here for reasonable money. Maybe I was too hasty on rejecting it.

Size15's

Flashaholic
You may find the CombatGrip hinders retrieving it from a pocket because the rubber is designed to enhance one's grip of the flashlight and so is not slick.

If you intend to carry a flashlight loose in your trouser pocket you may also find it doesn't ride that well and is bulky and heavy compared to the likes of the E2e which also has a PocketClip specifically to make pocket carry easier.

If I needed a 'full-sized' SureFire for a particular mod I would use a C2 which does have a PocketClip and is far easier to carry than a Z2 or 6P etc.

btw, I do have all of these lights and a few more but of course YMMV

Al :)

Benner

Newly Enlightened
Sadly, the C2 is just that tad too pricey for me ATM. The E2E would be a cracking choice if it was (sorry I know this is the wrong forum for this) easier to mod into an LED like the 6P and Z2 are. Being colourblind I like to have both incan and LED so that's what put me off the E2E in the end as it seemed the only way to make that an LED was to use one of the KLx heads which are quite costly over here.

SimpleIsGood229

Newly Enlightened
Have you considered the E-to-C/P adaptors that allow one to mount C/P-Series bezels on E-Series bodies?

Superdave

Enlightened
neither are good for pocket carry.. but either will fit and work just fine. I have both and if i had a good holster for the Z2 i'd EDC it. the grip improvement is nice.

If you get the Z2 i'd grab the V85A holster. :D

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer the Z2 (even when not paried with a handgun), just for the increased grip...but, like size 15 mentioned, it does tend to "grab" on the pockets...solution...wera pant's with bigger pockets, i.e. jeans vs "tactical slacks".

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Benner,

Try the MarketPlace for some good deals - I recently purchased an 'As New' C2 HAIII with a new Malkoff M60 for $150 AUS or $123 USD delivered. - Much better combo IMO than a bog standard 6P with a P60!

James....

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been done before, but despite my best efforts I could not find a decent comparison of these 2.

For various reasons I have decided that I want to start EDCing an incandescent light and have narrowed it down to the Surefire 6P and the Z2 which are both available at a decent price over here in the UK. I am torn between the 2 though and wondered if anyone had any thoughts that would help me chose one over the other and maybe if anyone knew of anywhere that had a pic of them both next to eachother?

Thanks in advance for the help

Benner

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe some photos would be helpful:

No3.jpg

6P - all round
C2 - its somewhat like a 6p clip
G2 - the diameter of the body is thinner right behind the head all the way up to the rings.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your not using it with a handgun (which is what it is made for), then go with the 6P.

My .02 FWIW YMMV

NE450No2

Enlightened
:twothumbsFor an Englander, get the 6P.

You might also look at the G series [Nitrolon, ie "plastic"]

If you carry it in your pocket with other stuff it does not get scratched as bad.

But the 6P is a Classic, hard to beat.

My favorite everyday carry [EDC] is the A2 Aviator.

It is slimmer than the 6P and has a clip.

Also, I REALLY like the 3 lumen LED's ,white is my favorite.

I used mine just tonight when in the woods on a little wild pig sortee.

I was on a new place, and walking back to the owners house.

The Low setting worked great most of the time, but when I came to a trail junction I used the HIGH to be sure I went the right way.

In my opinion the Sure Fire A2 Aviator is the single best personal flashlight a person can have.

It is not the only one you need... But you need at least one.:thumbsup:

I also had my E1e, and my G2L in my pocket, and my M6 and L 1 Digital LumaMax [blue LED for looking for blood] in my pack.

SimpleIsGood229

Newly Enlightened
No I haven't seen those. Can you use P61 lamps and similar in the E2E with one of those then?
Sure can. It simply allows one to mount a 6P/Z2/C2/etc. bezel on an E-Series body. Let me see what my googlefu can scrounge up.

Okay, here's a thread on it. This particular adaptor is kinda ugly, but there are other ones: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/59751

Last edited:

bestcounsel

Enlightened
try maybe an E series light with valiant head/m60...

also use and e2e with lumens factory bulbs and rcr123's

Use/buy the long clips...

I actually love the E series 2 123 body lights...i actually edc an old e2L -kl1 head...in fact used it quite a bit when we had a 2 day black out here...

My old Kl1 E2l has many stories and been in many celebs houses!

Last edited: