7.2 Volt 0.55 A lamp for 6 D cells flashlight

turbodog

Flashaholic
The only Mag halogen bulb that I know of is bi-pin type for the Mag Charger. There were a lot of aftermarket halogen PR based bulbs you could use in Mags, but halogens run hotter than the Mag xenon bulbs, which is why the Mag Charger was designed to handle the extra heat.

Thy were official mag bulbs. Came with thin spacer rings for focus adjustment (if not using a maglite). Were available as far back as the late 1980s onward. The filament was horizontal.

thala

Newly Enlightened
Hi any suggestions of any equivalent LED of KPR18 7.2V 0.55A bulbs ? Or any worldwide wide sources of 7.2V 0.55A bulbs I want to keep alive my trusty NATIONAL flashlight

turbodog

Flashaholic
Hi any suggestions of any equivalent LED of KPR18 7.2V 0.55A bulbs ? Or any worldwide wide sources of 7.2V 0.55A bulbs I want to keep alive my trusty NATIONAL flashlight

This is a pretty good 6 cell bulb. It puts out a good amount of light without getting too hot. Should drop into your light no problem. I've had one in a 6 cell maglite for 3-4 years now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014Q2DRQ6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On second thought... it might NOT fit a light that's NOT a maglite. The base is large and does not taper toward the bottom.

This might be a better, more universal, fit.

https://www.amazon.com/LudoPam-Upgrade-Replacement-Conversion-Flashlights/dp/B0739MYXNL/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2JBQ693X69L5F&dchild=1&keywords=6+cell+led+bulb&qid=1624214323&sprefix=6+cell+led%2Caps%2C168&sr=8-5

Last edited:

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thy were official mag bulbs. Came with thin spacer rings for focus adjustment (if not using a maglite). Were available as far back as the late 1980s onward. The filament was horizontal.

Those weren't halogen, I'm pretty sure they were so old they predated krypton and were just vacuum bulbs. The washers were so that they could be focused in in fixed focus lights like Kel-lites.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Nah. I'm 100.0% sure halogen due to buying them for that very feature. You could also see the gas glowing inside the bulb capsule. Looked like a high end bulb, like osram or similar.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast

There's a lot of good options depending on how much you want to spend and how bright you want it to be. Take a look at the Adventure Sport Flashlight site and youtube vids. Malkoff Devices makes some nice Maglite specific LED drop-ins and supebrightleds.com and The Torch Site have a good assortment of PR based LED drop-ins. I would avoid random/generic LED drop-ins on amazon and the like.

turbodog

Flashaholic
There's a lot of good options depending on how much you want to spend and how bright you want it to be. Take a look at the Adventure Sport Flashlight site and youtube vids. Malkoff Devices makes some nice Maglite specific LED drop-ins and supebrightleds.com and The Torch Site have a good assortment of PR based LED drop-ins. I would avoid random/generic LED drop-ins on amazon and the like.

From what I can tell, adventure sport only makes mag-lite compatible stuff.

The random $10 amazon stuff has gotten pretty good, all things considered: reflector compatibility, cost, heat output & heatsinking needs, ease of installation, color temp, runtime, etc.

thala

Newly Enlightened
Guys thank you all for your replies. Yes I have bought from eBay and already I am storing enough Makita 7.2 V 0.55 bulb Japan made . I am wondering if the bulb manufacturers of these type of bulbs continue to support these torches. From a search in Japan manufacturers there are companies that still make incadascedent lanterns flashlights I hope that they will continue .