Ever lost a Flashlight?

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
I've lost a number of Maglites over the years. Had a blue 3D stolen from my truck, along with a Harley Davidson Zippo. Then the kids who robbed 17 vehicles on my street bragged about it in school and got caught, and I got it back, only to lose it again later on. That was back in my drinking days when I was taking my Maglites to band gigs. Lost / stolen, those days are a blur, haha.

About a year ago I lost my EDC Fenix LD30. Searched everywhere and found it on the floor down behind the bed. Then, I'll be danged, about a day later, I lost it for good, and I think it was while taking out the trash at my Mom's house. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I quickly ordered another. I love that light. In fact, I should order a spare before it gets discontinued.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I drowned the lanterns in the river 2 times, once SF A2 from a boat, the second time another A2 into a hole in the ice, or rather I gave it to a friend for a couple of minutes and he dropped it there. If someone stumbles upon them, it will be a pleasant surprise, but it is very unlikely, the layer of silt is too thick and there are no ancient trade routes in those places for someone to climb with a metal detector for gold, silver and ancient weapon

I did drop a Bones in a 25' deep (live) sewer manhole one day. I didn't want it back. Really didn't consider that losing it though because I knew where it was.

The one I use now has a wrist strap.
You can wait 10 years and then take it out and see the condition, maybe it will be good advertising if it survives and they still exist

Last edited:

Toulouse42

Enlightened
Years ago I gave my daughter a commemorative 2AA Maglite and it "disappeared" when we had some work done on our house. Other than that I once owned a Surefire E1 Backup that was so smooth that it fell out of my pocket quite often. Eventually I gave it away.

3_gun

Enlightened
Been about a month since I last saw the 1st TS10 I bought. Pretty sure it's not lost "lost", just I can't find it right now "lost". Hadn't really gone anywhere so it's most likely still clipped to a button hole on a shirt, dropped in a watch pocket or something similar

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Oh Bro, I'm sorry to hear that you lost your Bones. I remember when you first got your first one and how happy your were with it. I hope it wasn't that one.
No, it was one I bought second hand from a CPF member as a backup to that first one Poppy. I had been using the first one with the wrist strap at work. When the second one arrived I wanted to try it too. Then "oops". It was one of those manholes with raw sewage flowing through it. It took about 3 seconds to land but it seemed like 3 minutes. It bounced twice.

And yes it was still lit when I closed the lid. And yes I have another backup for the first one.

Brokenarrow

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone ever NOT lost a flashlight?
Currently I am missing 2 but I know they are around and I will stumble into them soon.

MatthewMurdock

Newly Enlightened
I'm currently down 2 lights. I am not concerned because I think they fell into the void....... otherwise known as the backside of my desk and I really don't want to start pulling stuff out of there.

ghostguy6

Enlightened
I really hate these threads. It been almost 15 years and I still miss my lost duty light:(. Anyways I dug up the story for this thread.

"

lost my 6pd with BOG premuim drop in

Well it finally happened, I lost my duty light:mecry: While working at a local night club I had to respond to a fight. Sometime while running through the crowd my light case got caught on something or someone and popped open. Somewhere during the 75 ft dash through some 400 people my light must have bounced out of the case and onto the floor. Unfortunately the light did not turn on making it impossible to find. I searched for about 30 minutes, stayed past closing to look and even left a note for the janitor with no signs. Knowing my luck some little drunk punk probably found it and will throw it away once the batteries die:(. I wouldn't be so mad if I knew someone found it and will take care of it but knowing the patrons at the club, they wont. Hopefully some girl found it and put it in her purse and maybe one day it will scare off some creepy guy should the need arise but who really knows. And now that I think of all the stuff that little light survived, all the people it " accidentally" hit and all the evidence it helped me find, it makes me miss it even more.
I have ordered a replacement but i have to wait roughly 3 weeks for it to arrive ( shipping from the US to Can) So now I have to get used to carrying another light until my back up arrives. Ill probably go with my strion and hope the one hour runtime will last me a shift. Ill end my rant here."

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I really hate these threads. It been almost 15 years and I still miss my lost duty light:(. Anyways I dug up the story for this thread.

"

lost my 6pd with BOG premuim drop in

Well it finally happened, I lost my duty light:mecry: While working at a local night club I had to respond to a fight. Sometime while running through the crowd my light case got caught on something or someone and popped open. Somewhere during the 75 ft dash through some 400 people my light must have bounced out of the case and onto the floor. Unfortunately the light did not turn on making it impossible to find. I searched for about 30 minutes, stayed past closing to look and even left a note for the janitor with no signs. Knowing my luck some little drunk punk probably found it and will throw it away once the batteries die:(. I wouldn't be so mad if I knew someone found it and will take care of it but knowing the patrons at the club, they wont. Hopefully some girl found it and put it in her purse and maybe one day it will scare off some creepy guy should the need arise but who really knows. And now that I think of all the stuff that little light survived, all the people it " accidentally" hit and all the evidence it helped me find, it makes me miss it even more.
I have ordered a replacement but i have to wait roughly 3 weeks for it to arrive ( shipping from the US to Can) So now I have to get used to carrying another light until my back up arrives. Ill probably go with my strion and hope the one hour runtime will last me a shift. Ill end my rant here."
What did you end up carrying after that?

DRW

Enlightened
I've probably lost 2 or 3 dozen over the years.

Most of those were simply left behind on hunting/fishing trips, business travel, etc.

Sometimes lights are found in toolboxes, clothing, or vehicles.

Buff

Enlightened
Honestly when i posted this thread i really didn't see it going beyond a few post or past a 1st page.
i have had fun reading all your post.
Maybe my next thread i start is…
Have you ever found a flashlight, and how many?😂🤪😂

Lightcollector

Newly Enlightened
I have lost my zebralight multiple times. This last time it hasn't turned up and I got a replacement but I am still keeping my fingers crossed!

Buff

Enlightened
I find all kinds of stuff out there. When i road bicycles in training for races and centuries i often picked up stuff that fell of cars and trucks i guess.
And driving in my car too.
Found this axe last time i found something…
IMG_5324.jpeg

Last edited:

TIFisher

Newly Enlightened
Last week I was doing a service call at a fairly busy grocery store. While I was inside working on the equipment I was servicing, I went to reach for my trusted daily companion Malkoff MDC HA (that I've had for 15 years now), and it wasn't in the stupid side zip pocket of my Wrangler work pants. My heart sank. As luck would have it, I needed to return to my van for a part, and was shocked to find my light laying right in the parking lot drive lane about 30 feet from my truck. I had been inside for almost 15 minutes before returning to my vehicle. I couldn't believe that it would still be lying there all that time without someone picking it up...or running over it. I'd rather have dumb luck than no luck at all. ;-D

Attachments

• IMG_20210704_132039.jpg
    IMG_20210704_132039.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 31