742 Torch Lumens! Most beautiful runtime curve. NEOFAB Legion II MC-E review added

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiniLux

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the honest pictures IMO the TK40 takes it much tighter hot spot by far :twothumbs

Fenix TK40, about 60m:

Legion 2, same distance:

MiniLux

Edit: Replaced first picture, sorry for the double-feature mistake :eek:

Last edited:

MiniLux

Newly Enlightened
Still tighter IMO :twothumbs

The Legion has a much deeper reflector than the Fenix.
At short distance, the central spots seem to be about the same, but at long distance the Legion is much more of a thrower as the overall beam remains much tighter, concentrating more light on the target.

On this photo you can see that the spill of the Fenix already covers entirely that of the Legion at about 1m.
Left Fenix TK40, right Legion 2:

Here two more shots at about 15m distance:
Fenix TK40

Legion 2

I tried my best, but it's very difficult to show it with my primitive photo equipment :(

MiniLux

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix TK40, about 60m:

Legion 2, same distance:

MiniLux
These might be the same photos - but the bottom one of the two has ether been exposed for longer - or has been lightened up a bit in software - so thats what makes it look slightly different/brighter.
Automatic cameras can give a dodgy view sometimes - even spill from the beam can change the exposure making a light with both spill and throw seem darker - you should use spot metering so it will read the intensity of the spot of each pic - or better still if you can over ride the auto settings - set camera onto daylight and use the same aperture and exposure each time (ie: iso 400 F4 5-8 second exposure) and use a tripod for both camera and light - then you will have a base line for all future photos and there will be no discrepancies from shot to shot - and even if you sell a light you will have the same settings for future reference.
sorry for rambling :duh2:

wbp

Enlightened
These might be the same photos - but the bottom one of the two has ether been exposed for longer - or has been lightened up a bit in software - so thats what makes it look slightly different/brighter.

Dude - check the links. They're the same physical file! How can there be a difference??? Unless perhaps your monitor's backlighting is not uniform?

Last edited:

wbp

Enlightened
Glenn7;2938619what a donkey :ironic::tinfoil:[/quote said:
Hardly! Bet you're using an LCD monitor? Odds are it's brighter at the bottom than at the top... All except the vary expensive ones are like that...

neoseikan

Enlightened
Hi. Minilux, thank you for your pics!

I found that the exposure setting of 2 pics seems different.
The sky is brighter in the beamshot of Tk40.

I think your camera has a "M mode", right?
Use the M mode, you can use the same aperture and shutter setting in different pics.

neoseikan

Enlightened
Hi. What's "get served"? I haven't seen it before and can not find it in my dictionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.