A cheaper Acebeam K60?

ven

Flashaholic
Chinese lumens........when 3000= 400 real ones if lucky. As for mags , make great hosts, be it by malkoff with a replacement drop in for it, or a crazy triple xhp50 4000(real lumems) drop in . Of course not cheap though, but you buy reliability, dependable when need the most . Once spoilt with real lumens, nice tints and UI......you won't go back ......honest!

Many years back back it was the norm for me to cycle through the modes to get it ready for the right one for next use......just use to it. Other day I found a light in the garage, ultracrapanusfire or something just as catchy, strobed straight away(hey it worked so give it that!). Luckily the Lettice shite LED did not cause any lasting anger.......

There maybe copies now on the xhp's (your just getting 4 cheap fake CREE though), but pointless if you want near the 5000lm potential of a real xhp70. Back to Chinese lumens which are meaningless and full of PWM due to poor drivers, along with cold blue ugly ringy beams (unless super lucky).

For good lights for cheap cost, convoy brand are worth a look .

Gtsteve

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Ven, I don't disagree with anything that you have said. I just like the convenience, look and feel of a short fat unit.
I have looked and I can't find one in the convoy range or I would have bought it. I don't like big torches any more.
I am willing to trade lumens for convenience and useage I think.

I saw a good signature somewhere that said something like, 'the best torch is the one that you have in your hand'.
It is probably better for me to drop to an mt g2 emitter or even a genuine xlm - u2, with clustered batteries, than to have a more powerful, better value convoy, and be saying 'I wish that I had bought my torch along.' That's what would probably happen.

If my Chinese zoomies are only putting out about 400 lum and I have been happy with that, then I really don't need a high output xhp emitter like I thought that I did. One or two jumps in emitter and quality and I'll be laughing. Forget the Acebeam k60 or even 40, I was just kidding myself there. If I had got a clone of one I would probably not taken it anywhere with me either, like my mags.

With the information that you have given me, and seeing pics of torches in people's hands and understanding better true lumens I am probably only going to need a genuine 1000 - 2000 lumens. I think that a Klarus G30 will certainly do me, especially since I already have the hi drain batteries ready.
Ven I bet you have seen a few threads like this over the years, go all over the place and evolve from one thing into another.

Cheers Steve.

Trango

Newly Enlightened
Gtsteve, since you lowered your lumens, take a look at the Convoy C8, it's about 1000 lumens (give or take a few) single 18650, so it's almost pocket size and costs around $20.

Happy Christmas CPF

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is what will happen:
1- You find & buy the cheaper alternative Acebeam K60 for $85.00
2- You are still not satisfied, so you search again.
3- You finally find the perfect cheaper Acebeam K60 alternative for $100.00
4- Still not what you want.
5- You tell yourself I should have just bought the Acebeam K60
6- I know I will find THE PERFECT cheaper Acebeam K60 alternative.
7- OMG I finally found it!!!!! WAIT this is the Acebeam K60.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok Mate, I am not a collector, and I don't want to be unreasonable, but I thought that we were at that stage now.
So for a genuine OTF 2000 lum odd single emitter, 3X 18560 high discharge sanyos, short style, for not much over $100, (My back will heal.) What am I looking at in the secondhand market? I also need it to dim right down to be multi-functional too.
I do know what you mean about the outrageous cheapie claims, sometimes it seems that the less you pay the more Chinese lumens that you get.
What sort of cat is that, we have a Burman that looks similar, but with a flatter face?
Cheers Steve

How about a Nitecore EC4SW, it's not a thrower but it's got 2000 lumens. On top of that you can head over to dazed1's thread on the CPF vendors sub-site and ask if he can arrange anything, that is what I did as I wanted a neutral white and not what was on offer.

EDIT: I also have a Convoy L2, that light is more a thrower and it is cheaper too (again ask dazed1 if there are any deals to be had)

Last edited:

Gtsteve

Newly Enlightened
Flashkat, you are funny, and you are right.
Hyperloop, thanks for reminding me about that one, you are right too.

I have actually changed my mind, seeing how good little torches are now,
I won't be getting a k60, even cheap.
I would not be able to use it often enough to make the extra size worthwhile.

I have settled on the Klarus G30 and the Nitecore EC4 for the little lady (that is what she wants.)
She does not actually like them too bright, and the old EC4 is really cheap now.
Thank goodness that is finally settled. :grin2:
I would have made a less sensible decision without all the help.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you can find both at a discounted price. Battery Junction has a low price on the Klarus G30.
Flashkat, you are funny, and you are right.

I have actually changed my mind, seeing how good little torches are now,
I won't be getting a k60, even cheap.
I would not be able to use it often enough to make the extra size worthwhile.

I have settled on the Klarus G30 and the Nitecore EC4 for the little lady (that is what she wants.)
She does not actually like them too bright, and the old EC4 is really cheap now.
Thank goodness that is finally settled. :grin2:
I would have made a less sensible decision without all the help.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast

No problem, glad to be of help!

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
To go in a bit different direction, Nitecore has the TM06 4,000 lumen 4x xm-l2. Very small light for the output. If you look around, at least in the States, you can find it for around $120. This is a very pocketable light. It's not the greatest as far as quality of the beam as it's multi-emitter but it's not a bad deal either.

+1 for Convoy L6 though. $60. CAn't go wrong.

Latest posts