A Tribute to Nitecore D10

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to add that I have a D10 SP 1st edition. As you had mentoned about battery whine mine whines constantly on high, strobe and SOS. On high the whine only lasts a couple seconds then dies out. On strobe and SOS it beacons every time the emitter flashes. Link provided here for another common D10 problem; the switch ring sticking! This one was just started by me but I think it's worth noting in the review. https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/255598

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks all for kind and encouraging words, guys. :twothumbs
Hope you'll find this thread useful.

Special thanks have to go to 4Sevens, Jhanko, Kuku, Sabrewolf and contributors from the other threads.

One thing you might mention is that the first batch had a bezel that was machined much thinner. It bends easily compared to the later batches, and doesn't protect the window nearly as well when the light is dropped.

I had thought of mentioning that, but I gather there might not be many who owns the very first lot. But since you do noticed that, I'll add it in. :)

lovecpf

Last edited:

Bass

Enlightened
Fantastic write up and pictures Zeruel. Must have taken a great deal of time - but worth it. You can tell it was written by a loving fan :twothumbs

The D10 mods / Titanium / tritium pictures are works of art. Where can I get myself a Ti version?

Great work!

LG&M

Enlightened
Outstanding work! Thanks. I also have been EDCing my D10 sense it came out and have not found a light that will replace it. I should get a back up D10.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great review, one of the best I've ever seen!! I have one and it is indeed a good light!

starburst

Newly Enlightened
The Q5 early model I have has worked flawlessly.
Is there anywhere to get another one? I went to
4 Sevens, said out of stock and no back order.

starburst

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Starburst, you might need to ask the dealers. The last time I asked around, only 2 were having them and one of them had sold out. The other is fusion gear from Australia which I'm not sure if they have any more stock. Seems like 4Sevens (Canada) has it too. You can also start by putting a WTB in MP perhaps?

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great tribute for a great light! :wave:

I discovered them recently only, but they keep coming. Just wonder where my body from Kuku427 stays... :sigh:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holy crap! I bet that took five minutes or more to write.

Damn! I think you like the D10.

Super job and now you got me all hot and bothered about getting a couple more of them...THANKS PAL! :(

Great job though :)

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow whata tribute!!

lots of great info and details for anyone not sure which model to get.

although my D10 R2 sits on my nightstand and is my least used light, i still like it very much.
my mom asked if she can have a light, cause of her poor vision, i was going to give her the D10, but its alittle to complicated for her to make full use of it, and i didnt want to give it up :sssh: so i got her a quark mini AA instead.

and that custom d10 by jhanko is really gorgeous!

swissbianco

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the great post.

to add is that we did make some single pcs in different colors too:

group7.jpg

http://s355.photobucket.com/albums/r469/swissbianco-flashlights/splashed flashlights/?start=all

+B
swissbianco.com

Zendude

Enlightened
Like others have said: Wow!

Gotta say though, my GDP has the D10 engraving on it. Maybe it was early in the release.:thinking:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the great post.

to add is that we did make some single pcs in different colors too:

+B
swissbianco.com

Here's the man!

These are EX10, me want D10.
Any pic for me to add on? If you will. :naughty:

SFfanman

Enlightened
:clap::twothumbs:twothumbs:bow: Such as awesome comprehensive review if I ever saw one!

pm91

Newly Enlightened
I was all set to purchase one of these and now I can't find them anywhere (that I trust). Do you think they are coming out with a new model? I think the brightest is the R2(XR-E).