A Tribute to Nitecore D10

deKatt

Newly Enlightened
I bought my son a D10 for Christmas. Obviously I made the right choice! :thumbsup:

Except, I probably should have bought one for myself, too.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you freakin' kidding me! I've been around awhile, and seen some hellacious reviews...

...but Dude!

That is just... :sick:!

I'm going now to find my D10 and play with it!

And, thanks! ..for all that work. :wave:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
This is a great thread and thanks for the info on the D10 SP. Like my EX10 so one of these days going to get a D10.

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zeruel... hey buddy! Fantastic work... really amazing. And as a D10 lover, I share your enthusiasm. I've been away from here for awhile and it's mind boggling to see the new stuff that's going on with D10s and other torches. :party:

Ajay

Enlightened
Excellent work amigo!
I am glad to see I am not the only one that's thrilled to own a D10. Fantastic lights.

Long live Nitecore.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have one from the first batch and the light is still going strong, when im out and about its on my hip in its holster. Just love it, though im thinking about getting an R2 version.

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great reivew thread!
D10 sounds like a great light for EDC.
Those Ti D10 are growing on me everytime I look at it

Rexlion

Enlightened
A job well done, Zeruel. You rock!

Strangely, I've had better luck with the protected Trustfires in the D10, they work fine for me.

A quad die in the D10, now that's tempting. :naughty: I could get used to one of those.

caltemus

Newly Enlightened
To be 100% clear, the R2 SP has no ramping, but the better low mode? I am looking at buying one and 4sevens.ca has the original
(http://www.4sevens.ca/product_info.php?cPath=244&products_id=1239) and the SP edition (http://www.4sevens.ca/product_info.php?cPath=244&products_id=1889) and I am more interested in the one with the ramping more than the SOS/strobe feature but if the low mode runtime is worth it than i might consider. The main difference is the price on 4sevens, the original is 59 and the SP is 79. They do have both accessories though!

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zeruel... hey buddy! Fantastic work... really amazing. And as a D10 lover, I share your enthusiasm. I've been away from here for awhile and it's mind boggling to see the new stuff that's going on with D10s and other torches. :party:

Hey buddy! Thanks, so glad you're back! :grouphug:
Yeah, lots of new stuff now, boggle your mind away. :eek:oo:

To be 100% clear, the R2 SP has no ramping, but the better low mode? I am looking at buying one and 4sevens.ca has the original
(http://www.4sevens.ca/product_info.php?cPath=244&products_id=1239) and the SP edition (http://www.4sevens.ca/product_info.php?cPath=244&products_id=1889) and I am more interested in the one with the ramping more than the SOS/strobe feature but if the low mode runtime is worth it than i might consider. The main difference is the price on 4sevens, the original is 59 and the SP is 79. They do have both accessories though!

Nope, R2 SP does not have ramping. But the low is spec to have 100 hours whereas ramping version has 45 hours. Follow the golden rule of CPF..... :whistle:

Last edited:

cal..45

Enlightened
@ zeruel,

what a great write up and a first class tribute indeed :twothumbs

since i got my D10 in 2008, i'm simply not interested in another EDC anymore. for me the D10 is just as perfect as a EDC can be and i hate it to see that on the new models nitecore let the ramping feature go for the strobe/sos nonsense. i hope my D10 will live long enough to bring nitecore back to their senses and go back to the roots, because no matter how much i love this light, i most definitaly won't buy one with strobe/sos.

cheers

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Zeruel, and thanks for an excellent report about this flashlight! :thumbsup:

I have Nitecore D10 GD, and this is one of my favourite lights. One reason is the great grip with it's aggressive knurling. I don't understand why don't all lights have similar?

I have came to the personal conclusion that it doesn't matter what kind of tint or beamprofile a light has; I don't want to use it if it's slipper and uncomfortable to hold. One thing I hate is a slipper body with a stiff clicky which makes the light glide away in the hand when put it on. I just can't stand that. Nitecore D10 is the opposite; it's one of the best existing when it comes to holding comfort. A wonderful "no-nonsense" design which works great.

Regards, Patric

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope, R2 SP does not have ramping. But the low is spec to have 100 hours whereas ramping version has 45 hours. Follow the golden rule of CPF..... :whistle:

Is this possibly because the original uses PWM regulation and the SP uses current regulation?

I know my original D10's runtime is not very good compared to my current-regulated lights.