A2 Aviator Change bulb or convert to LED - 2015

Costetl

Newly Enlightened
So i picked up an A2 in a trade. I want to convert to LED or i saw they sell an HO-A2 (Unfrosted) light on lumens factory still. There used to be a TON of threads on here about the light and a few guys making some light fixtures and making new rings to make the 3 leds on the ring white. But... for the last few years no new info at all on things like this. Am i to late to do this kinda stuff to this old light?

t6t05v.jpg

27zi70y.jpg

sgt253

Enlightened
My opinion, as an owner of an A2, keep it totally stock and use the beans out of it! You can get an MA02 from Surefire directly or you can get a Lumens Factory replacement bulb. The light still rocks for what its intended purpose is. The LED ring manufacturers are few and far between now. Check out the Custom Buy Sell/Trade Forum for possiblities. Atomic Chicken (Aviatrix) no longer, Calipsoii no longer making rings, Koala may have his Onion Ring. Good Luck!

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, saddly there are not new options for this great falshlight.

I think you may have seen the options already. The LF HO-A2 is a great bulb for this light. However, you wont see a LED "dropin" for it. There are some LED rings that will make a nice deal in A2, like Koala, Calipsoii, Onion Ring. Most of these rings are not in production, but you can find them in WTS and B/S/T Custom sections sometimes.

PS: Oooops. Sgt was faster. ;)

john-paul

Newly Enlightened
I've got one of Koala's onion rings if you are interested. Cannot remember the LEDS in it but you can always change them.

Lulz! Where have been? I have a month old WTB thread looking for one these. If he doesn't want it I might.

Costetl

Newly Enlightened
In regards to these rings... are they just the same as the stock ring, but just have dif colored LED's? I want to switch my blue to white, but do the rings allow for brighter LED's?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried to get a ring last year. No luck. Sand your LEDs to help get rid of the "Olympic" rings. Then drop a LF HO bulb in it and enjoy the heck out of it.
If you can't change the LEDs to a color you want. Check with a few members here too. Also use the search feature in this forum. There are tons and tons of great, albeit vintage, threads on this light.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Costetl,
Keep in mind that sanding the leds will probably void the warranty. If your A2 ever did go bad and the warranty was good, even if SF couldn't repair it, they would probably (have to) replace it with a new A2L.