AA batteries... Energizer 2500's, Sanyo 2700's and charger questions.

Rayne

Newly Enlightened
I had a couple of questions that'd fit in this thread nicely.

1. Are the -HR- Energizer 2500's the exact same battery as the Sanyo 2500's?
2. Do the Sanyo 2700's perform better than the Sanyo 2500's or does it just carry more mAh?

Rayne

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I checked that out and it's a sticky at the top of the threads. The table with the battery info shows it has more capacity, but I don't know how to tell if it performs better under load. I'd guess the same. I asked about the Energizers because if they are the exact same, then I can mix 3 of them with the 6 Sanyo 2500's I have to run a Mag 85. :grin2:

InfidelCastro

Banned
I'm sort of in the market for 4 more 2500's, but if they don't carry the HR stamp, I don't think I'm gonna buy them. My HR stamped ones have been pretty good. I have one that is sort of hokey, but I think I might have overdrained it in my L2T. Though the other one seemed to be ok. But all four still work great after rechargeing.

It seems like it's been a long time since a retail store has had anything better than 2500's. I bought mine back in October or so and they were around long before then. Maybe I should just wait for something better and keep using these.

Last edited:

GTI

Newly Enlightened
i have some sanyo 2500 from ebay with "HR" stamp, but they are made in China. i'm not sure they are real sanyo battery or not.
How can i check them out?

GTi

DonnyD

Newly Enlightened
InfidelCastro said:
It's supposed to indicate the cells were Made in Japan.

These cells were made in China and they have the HR stamp, so I think it's a bit confusing, and there is probably more to know here. There were a few CPF conversations about these Energizer batteries that were confilicting. One person posted that he or she (any girls on this site?) heard directly from Energizer that they make their own batteries. Sanyo's involvement is mysterious, perhaps questionable, not sure.

I used to want to meet a nice looking female artist. Now, I would like to meet one that paints nice pictures by flashlight (powered by NiMH). LOL, because I am serious.

So these Chinese Energizers test well against other batteries, they are fatter than some batts, and they rattle less.

Does country of origin matter? Could it be that the same formula is used for Energizer in different manufacturing plants?

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
HR6 is simply another size/type classification, like 14500, L91, LR6, & AA. They all refer to the same size battery, but different countries and entities use different schemes for designating battery sizes/chemistries. They don't have anything to do with the country of manufacture.

There's also the manfacturer's designations, like NH15 for Energizer and DC1500 for Duracell. Still, just more identifiers for the AA size battery.

The HR and LR designators are from the ANSI IEC battery standard, a joint specification of batteries between the American National Standards Institute and the International Electrotechnical Commission.

Last edited: