AA Flashlight for EDC W/ TIR Optic

sleep creeper

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys i was looking for a AA EDC flashlight with a TIR optic. I really don't care about it having strobe or sos. High and low mode are preferred, at least 150 lumens on high. I was looking at the Armytek Partner A1 XPG 230 lumen, but saw it was discontinued but i was able to find some on Ebay. Any suggestions will really help, thank you.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak uses TIR optics in their lights and offer a couple AA models. Getting a model with QTC would provide you with (some) modicum of control over output.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes & that's what came to my mind too, reading your title. If 130l is close enough to 150l that's where the smart money is. If you want to up your budget, peak.

sleep creeper

Newly Enlightened
Looks like Fenix vs Armytek Partner XPG 230 lumen. I found a Partner 1a for 39.95 free shipping on Ebay. You think the 15 dollar price difference is worth it? I know the Partner 1a is an older light, so does the E12 have newer technology? Which light would you guys choose?

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Partner has a funky UI. In Selfbuilts YouTube review, the light advances to next mode every time you turn the light on. Check it out before buying.

The E12 has a reverse clicky, but the UI is more predictable.

sleep creeper

Newly Enlightened
Yes i did check out his review on it, thank you guys for the suggestions, the E12 looks like its going to be my next edc light.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like Fenix vs Armytek Partner XPG 230 lumen. I found a Partner 1a for 39.95 free shipping on Ebay. You think the 15 dollar price difference is worth it? I know the Partner 1a is an older light, so does the E12 have newer technology? Which light would you guys choose?

Probably. and the next step beyond that, and so on etc.

The smart money's on the e12 imo. But you can get better for more money I'm sure.

sleep creeper

Newly Enlightened
I checked on the Armytek Prime Series but they are sold out on the website, did not find them anywhere else.