• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

AA Flashlight (new single cell converter) addition to the series

DavidRZ

Newly Enlightened
Placing an order with Don for one of these with the Haiku head. Is the 119 still seem to be the best LED to use? I have read through this thread and this seems to be the popular option.

What level of lumens should I expect with this when using 14500's?

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
The way this converter is designed, there's no brightness difference when using any aa sized battery ranging from NiMH to li-ion.

DavidRZ

Newly Enlightened
Well, just ordered my first full custom McGizmo.

AA Haiku Hive 119v

I had a Mule many years ago powered by a RCR123. It was alright, but I didn't carry it much as I had a few other lights I preferred at the time. I sold it out of pure stupidity, regretted it since I packed it up. Really looking forward to this one.

And now the wait begins...

nbp

Flashaholic
The Haiku is one of the greatest EDC lights ever made. If you aren't a lumen hound, the AA Pak with AA converter makes it a go anywhere, feed it anything, survive anything, perfect EDC. At home wrenching on the car and strolling the red-carpet, It will serve you faithfully in any situation until you're dead. If I had to sell my wordly possessions I would keep my AA Haiku 119 and my plain large Sebenza Insingo.

DavidRZ

Newly Enlightened
The Haiku is one of the greatest EDC lights ever made. If you aren't a lumen hound, the AA Pak with AA converter makes it a go anywhere, feed it anything, survive anything, perfect EDC. At home wrenching on the car and strolling the red-carpet, It will serve you faithfully in any situation until you're dead. If I had to sell my wordly possessions I would keep my AA Haiku 119 and my plain large Sebenza Insingo.

Yes, Sebenza is a great choice! I carry an Emerson Mini Commander, similar principle. Simple and just works.

I did cheat a bit on the AA light. I'm having Don make it for 14500 cells, but I did get a 2AA pack so I can throw any AA into it when needed. Figure this is kind of the best of both worlds.

thenikjones

Newly Enlightened
My AA pack has a new lease of life, running 14500 cell with the Oveready e-series BOSS head. Nice to have options.

Somewhere in my house is the 2xAA pack which I really hope I can find sooner rather than later.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
does anyone know of a hack that would turn one of these into a single mode only light? its actually hard finding a dependable single mode 1.5v driver for some reason.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast

archimedes

Flashaholic
I wouldn't call it a "hack" but someone may be able to build you a custom Aleph light engine to do what you want, perhaps Tana or datiLED ?

The tricky part may be finding a single mode boost driver, and one small enough to fit the e-can, since these aren't really popular anymore.