• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

AA Flashlight (new single cell converter) addition to the series

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I want to mention, that while this combo looks amazing, the electronic switch cannot be done quick enough to change modes. However strikes to the back of the lights breaks contact long enough to change modes.
PSM,

Are you saying it does not switch in the fashion we are used to in our other McGiz products? Love that knurled battery pack, very nice!

Thanks for the help here.

Best,

NR

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
PSM,

Are you saying it does not switch in the fashion we are used to in our other McGiz products? Love that knurled battery pack, very nice!

Thanks for the help here.

Best,

NR

Correct, the Zenith runs electronic switch with no momentary. No way to switch it quick enough to switch modes. Bummer!! Looks and feels great though. Awesome for single mode though!

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
PSM, you caught me. I put this together, but didn't put a cell in it. It does look beautiful. It also looks (and works) get with the Zenith head.

rickyro

Enlightened
I just mailed to Don for a Haiku AA XP-G2 based on his recommendation. Great guy, very patient and instructive.

Now I am looking forward to get the notice and then paying. The shipment to Europe is not so sweet (extra VAT:scowl:) and fast as your USA domestic ones though.

rickyro

Enlightened
Just got my first Mcgizmo Haiku AA XP-G2! Like it! Thanks, Don.

My first observations:

Like:
1. Bean quality is super - The beam quality is really one of best from my collections, in parallel with Peak LED. Now I went back to check the beam of HDS Rotary 219B 4500K, finding out more artifacts there.
a. after the hotspot, then the spill, and then you can see a darker ring in the outer part and then finally followed by the a little brighter edge
b. the spill part is a little differently colored

These two do not exit with Haiku XP-G2! The first point (dark ring) I reported last year in that very long HDS post, but was attacked by many, but for sure also got support from some owners who also find this problem.

2. Tint and color rendering - Both at 4500k, XP-G2 is a little rosy and 219B is a little green/yellow. Both are very lightly and very comfortable to watch at night. 219B should be better, but the difference is really little.

3. Design, build, quality is unmatched, is really like a piece of art. My first all Ti light. Addicted already. Will get more when funded:)

Dislike:
1. McClicky - too long movement, too loud and noisy. The first 1mm is to press down the rubber to touch the real button to enable tactical on. Why the 1mm space there just to feel the rubber? To avoid mistaken operation? Don't understand. Then the constant on need a very pressing down. The sound is also very loud and noisy. On and off sounds are different. On sound is louder and metallic and vibrating. I prefer the button of HDS.

2. Clip is too strong - maybe it is for security to avoid unnoticed slip away. And the 1/4 20 tap hole is ugly due to the thread. If you care most about the appearance, I recommend not to choose this option.

3. low is not low enough. Low and medium is too close spaced. I wish the low can be around 3-5 lumens, not 10 lumens.

But all in all, a fantastic flashlight. I will keep it in my collection for sure.

Now I am already thinking about getting a Sundrop 119V. I have a Peak LED mule 219 and don't like the beam style very much.

Last edited:

qmtu

Enlightened
So if I put a AA Haiku head on a 2xAA body, does it put out more lumens, or have a longer runtime, or no difference compared to a 1xAA body?
Sorry for the newbie question.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
So if I put a AA Haiku head on a 2xAA body, does it put out more lumens, or have a longer runtime, or no difference compared to a 1xAA body?
Sorry for the newbie question.
The output will be the same with the only difference being twice if not a bit more, run time.

hapasnyper

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys been signed up for a while but new here, just sent don an email for a new haiku aa. Just wondering but how do we know if he received email? Does he respond to it? Was reading the op but it seems like he will just mail us a tracking when it's done? Thanks much guys can't wait to get my first mcgizmo! Now a new expensive hobby lol after custom knives now custom lights.

Paypal sent! Cant wait for her to arrive thanks much Don!:paypal:

Last edited:

cigarrodog

Newly Enlightened
Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask a question regarding the AA Haiku. I've made effort to research in order learn, but I'm not certain, and hope someone can help me before ordering. I do know that I want the AA Haiku. Aside from general purpose, my specific use is for photographing knives and other EDC tools. In nice weather, I like to shoot in late pm. That's not always possible. So my question is which version, Hi-Cree or XM L will give me the closest approximation to late pm Sun. Thank you for any response.

cigarrodog

Newly Enlightened
This is to express my thanks to Don. I'm in the knife community, as well as now in the light community. Don is one of a kind. Not only is he a creative genius, but he is an extremely well organized businessman. I emailed an order for my first McGismo, and expected a long wait. Instead, I have a tracking number the same day for a 1AA Haiku Hi CRI with clip. Amazing.

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is to express my thanks to Don. I'm in the knife community, as well as now in the light community. Don is one of a kind. Not only is he a creative genius, but he is an extremely well organized businessman. I emailed an order for my first McGismo, and expected a long wait. Instead, I have a tracking number the same day for a 1AA Haiku Hi CRI with clip. Amazing.

heck yeah man!

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
It's nice isn't it? Not often do you get this level of service. This is really premium service.

Last edited: