AA MiniMag Collection - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenLED said:
Those inagural minimags pop up on eBay now and then.

Are those the presidential ones? - I have seen them for Bush - for each term

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the red Bush 43 inaugural AA (2005), and I've seen the blue Bush 43 inaugural AA (2001 -- there's one in sizzlechest's pictures). The one I'm talking about is a 2xAAA produced for the first Bush 41's inauguration in 1989. I don't even know what color it was. I've been watching ebay like a hawk for it for over a year now....

sizzlechest

Enlightened
It's sort of weird that the inaugural lights don't match very well- the 2001 blue one is knurled and the 2005 red is unknurled. Because of this fact the engraving doesn't match up either.

I have never seen anything on that 2aaa- it would be a treasure for sure.

What's the story with the dark blue is this something new???????

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not new. It goes along with Weinrot and Braun as the mythical colors Zimmerman once had but has tragically since sold out of. They still have it in Soli. The thing is -- I'm not sure if it's the same or a different color than the "midnight blue" currently offered by many vendors. And if it's the same color, I'm curious as to whether it's an Ontario version of the color. I really like those old Ontario bezels.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I stayed away from the logo type maglites - way too many variables, too many companies etc...everything from NASCAR to Lionel Trains ( have one ) to X-Files to Action-Lights to Enron ( which I have one of )

sizzlechest

Enlightened
souptree said:
It's not new. It goes along with Weinrot and Braun as the mythical colors Zimmerman once had but has tragically since sold out of. They still have it in Soli. The thing is -- I'm not sure if it's the same or a different color than the "midnight blue" currently offered by many vendors. And if it's the same color, I'm curious as to whether it's an Ontario version of the color. I really like those old Ontario bezels.

Every light I have seen from this vendor has had the old ontario version bezel. Trouble is its a $75 bill to find out! Will do you have this light in your collection?

sflate

Enlightened
I have one of the black 2aaa Inaugural maglights, as well as the other two 2aa inaugurals. I can't remember where I got it, probably ebay. I can take a picture this weekend if you want to see it.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the midnight blue from action-lights, I did get the weinrot and braun from zimmermann - they are really different colors.

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
sflate, I definitely want to see it! A step closer in the quest! Oh, the joy of actually knowing what you're looking for....

I have the midnight blue from action-lights, a midnight blue from an ebayer in England that is identical, and one or two NASCAR lights that are also the same color, albeit unknurled. I remember someone on one of these threads saying they found some of the midnight blue ones at Home Depot recently.

will, do you have the Zimmerman Nachtblau also, or just the Weinrot and Braun?

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
souptree said:

No, just the weinrot and braun

summerwind

Newly Enlightened
yep, found a bunch of the midnight blue at HD...they had a 2AA and 2AAA combo for 11 bucks................

souptree said:
sflate, I definitely want to see it! A step closer in the quest! Oh, the joy of actually knowing what you're looking for....

I have the midnight blue from action-lights, a midnight blue from an ebayer in England that is identical, and one or two NASCAR lights that are also the same color, albeit unknurled. I remember someone on one of these threads saying they found some of the midnight blue ones at Home Depot recently.

sizzlechest

Enlightened
Hello gentleman........ :candle:

I have been absolutely fascinated reading and studying on all the new occurance in lighting technology on this forum as of late. Absolutely amazing innovations.

How does this relate to our collections?

In the end everyone will realize (as some already know) the size and form factor of the 2AA minimag is indeed king. It will reign supreme as the "host with da' most".

Or if I'm wrong it will just solidify the fact that our collections are indeed antiques and increase the value of our collections, either way, we are winners. :rock:

FYI:
Here's a new strike bezel for our minimags:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/160064

Happy hunting

BladeDogg

Newly Enlightened
This VERY interesting indeed. I just posted about finding a pink mini maglight aa in a shimmer blue blister pack. Strange. It was with the other shimmer blues on the peg at wally world. I also saw a grey, red, and of course black.

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Minimag collection does not compare with these - I can hold them all with one hand - but I have added a twist in that one by one I am modding them so the beam color matches the body color.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
miniMags.jpg

At least I think it is missing only the original Light Blue from way back when. Bronze is a cheat that is a non knurled version etched with some company logo.

The ratty green laying down has been carried for years. I think it went through as many lamps as it has batteries. It got retired because I had problems keeping it in the belt holster. It kept sliding out and I almost lost it twice. It was replaced with a Brinkmann with an Opalec mod. The rubber grip retains the light better in the sleeve holster. I don't like the flap over style.

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Friends: if I know you -- and I think I do -- you will want to be directing your attention this-a-way. :naughty:

This has been a public service announcement. :)

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
marbles anyone?
the third from the right is HAIII
some of these have custom made tailcaps, some have the bodies grooved/altered, some of the heads are re-shaped. a few are cut down for a single AA, there is one extra head in the front.

100_2440.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.