AA or 2xAA, moonlight, and no PWM?

beamis

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for something similar to (or better) than Quark AA2 S2, but from a company that provides a high level of customer service. If my light ever does break I want them to repair or replace it within a week or two.

I would like something in the neighborhood of 200+ lumens, but the moonlight mode and no PWM are deal breakers.

Thanks for any tips.

Last edited by a moderator:

Norm

Retired Administrator
All posts relating to foursevens customer service have been moved to your other thread, let's not duplicate that thread here, recommendations only please - Norm

Last edited:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
....but from a company that provides a high level of customer service. If my light ever does break I want them to repair or replace it within a week or two...

As a AA/sub-lumen collector, I'd sure like to hear who can beat 47s with this criteria... You can get a better warranty and service from the quality US manufacturers, but AFAIK, AAs and moonlight rules out all but the Malkoff's MDC... which is PWM (sorry).

Peak QTC lights are an option... but you aren't going to get 200 lms from one or two AAs.

revscott

Newly Enlightened
L3 Illuminations L10 4 mode (not quite 200lm), or maybe Sunwayman V11r with AA extender

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know there is at least one dealer who will sell you a better service promise for cash.
I have seen this on their site but can not remember which dealer it is?

I would never buy something like this but if you are looking for better replacement performance then this is maybe something to consider?

Samy

Enlightened
Hello,I use both a 4Sevens 2xAA Quark Tactical (XPG) and a Sunwayman V10A (XML) for stealth use for security around my property. I have very suspect rental neighbours who have recently been charged with theft from fellow neighbours and i do regular property and street patrols and i use sub-lumen outputs to manouver to locations without being noticed during patrols and "what was that noise?" moments. I use a modified Fenix LD20 red filter lens on the Quark and use it on it's absolute lowest and second lowest settings exclusively with the red filter but i generally don't EDC it like the V10A. The V10A has been in my pocket for up to 16 hours per day, everyday for almost 2 years. It has been dropped and abused and keeps on ticking. I don't leave home without it day or night. It never fails.I have used the Quark 2xAA and Sunwayman V10A since 2012 without issues though i prefer the V10A due to it's smaller size and massive 500 lumen blast power with a single 14500. The Quark with the red filter provides a dimmer 'spot' but the V10A has a lower output overall. The ability of the V10A to allow me to stealthily move around my property at probably the lowest lumen output on the market then when i catch someone in the act of trespass (which i have done) and twist the mag ring and get 500 lumens to light them up is invaluable.Of all my collection i use and abuse and prefer the V10A the most.Cheers