AAA Clicky with warm LED 2,700-3,000K

Hallorann

Newly Enlightened
Very happy with Streamlight Microstream after years of EDC use, but have never cared for the color temperature. Since it does not appear that the Microstream head can be disassembled, or at least not REassembled afterwards, :laughing: I'm thinking an emitter replacement is not possible. And so, the search begins...

Requirements:

Brightness - Ideally 25 lumens MAX. This is EDC for working up close at arm's length, not burning holes in planets.
Power - AAA/10440 or other
Size - Microstream or similar
Pocket clip
CLICKY
Color temperature referenced above

Does such a thing exist for purchase/mod? Please advise.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should check out TubeVN. It is a Nitecore tube modded by Vinh, with a warmer LED. May not be 3000K though.

WhitedragonBC

Newly Enlightened
The neutral white version of the SingFire SF-348 is supposed to be pretty warm. Little brighter than you want at 40~ lumens though.

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinhnguyen54 can do an emitter swap on an iTP A3 EOS, that's the way to do it.

thslw8jg

Enlightened
You could search for a 4/7's Preon single cell clicky with a warm high cri emitter. They are multi-mode but don't have memory and always start in low mode. Comes with a clicky taicap and a clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Hallorann

Newly Enlightened
You could search for a 4/7's Preon single cell clicky with a warm high cri emitter. They are multi-mode but don't have memory and always start in low mode. Comes with a clicky taicap and a clip.

Their website shows cool white as the only LED option. Are the warm emitter versions limited runs, or mods available from someone at this forum? In other words, where can this be purchased?

thslw8jg

Enlightened
They were limited runs with the warm white hi cri emitters. You could post a WTB thread or contact Vhin about replacing a cool emitter for a 3000k warm white hi cri xp-g2 emitter

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
How would one go about that? I myself am specifically interested in hi CRI right around 3000k because I am really looking for the look/feel of an incandescent. I bought some 47's preon P2s with nichia 219s in them and they are fantastic. But I really wish I could get them with even warmer tint for that pleasing incandescent feel...

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

archimedes

Flashaholic
Peak has made some Eigers with very warm tint emitters.

They can be set up as a twisty, or with an optional momentary press switch, but no clicky.

-------

Another (quite expensive) option would be an LF2XT with a custom emitter swap mod.

Last edited: