AAA twisty recommendation?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
ultratac k18 ss
I've got one of those in black. Works well. But I was concerned the button might accidentally get activated in my pocket. My example of the JetBeam Jet-U has a bezel that requires quite a bit of effort to turn. I like that.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
Questions on Peak Eigers --

1) do any of them allow tail-stand, candle-mode?
2) how does that QT pill affect the efficiency of the output? How many hours would I get on e.g. 0.2 lumens?

They do look solid and well-built, and I like supporting domestic mfr.s.

I forgot to include in my post above a recommendation to the Prometheus Beta. Not cheap by any measure, but you get what you pay for. Even if you're satisfied with the aluminum Maratac AAA, you might want to take a look at the Beta for future reference.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got one of those in black. Works well. But I was concerned the button might accidentally get activated in my pocket. My example of the JetBeam Jet-U has a bezel that requires quite a bit of effort to turn. I like that.
good thinking good concern!
i actually do use the electronic lockout all the time. since then there were no more incidents of accidental activation.

Questions on Peak Eigers --

1) do any of them allow tail-stand, candle-mode?
2) how does that QT pill affect the efficiency of the output? How many hours would I get on e.g. 0.2 lumens?

They do look solid and well-built, and I like supporting domestic mfr.s.
IMG_1778.jpeg

Here's my Peak El Capitan (AA) tail standing with the momentary tail switch, twisted on to low. I don't know efficiency, but the low runs forever on a AA and 14500. I actually travel with this setup all the time. I have an Acebeam protected 14500 with built in USB-C charging loaded and can switch to AA if I don't have access to a charger for whatever reason. The stainless version is a tank. Kinda hard to get it tuned to a moonlight with Li-ion because of the higher voltage, but alkaline is a cinch. I'd imagine an Eiger can do all of the above.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Odd, mine is stable, shall we say 95% as stable as standing it on its head. Do you have a keyring hoop attached to yours?
No. If a tight, attached keyring was turned over to the outside of the light, that would increase the surface area of the tailcap and make for a steadier base. A Solitaire is just too thin and lightweight to tailstand if a person runs into the room, or if they accidentally bump the table.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
No. If a tight, attached keyring was turned over to the outside of the light, that would increase the surface area of the tailcap and make for a steadier base. A Solitaire is just too thin and lightweight to tailstand if a person runs into the room, or if they accidentally bump the table.
To some extent isn't that true of any 1xAAA light though? That said, the floor is solid in my house, so running wouldn't matter, unless maybe a rhino at full charge. The sides/worktops in places like the kitchen are also pretty resistant to bumps.

Toulouse42

Enlightened
sounds like you need a Peak Eiger or the Ultra
It'll never fail and is made in Arizona.
Runs on all the battery types and uses QTC for infinite modes.

The Chinese AAA are all disposables, which is why they are generally $20 and under.

An interesting thought. However I live in the UK and getting hold of American tech is not always easy. I once owned a Surefire E2D and an E1B. I wanted to buy an E2D tailcap for the E1B, but Surefire wouldn't sell it to me unless I was military or law enforcement. This was maybe 10 years ago and they quoted some US law as justification.