AAA x 1 flashlight with momentary on and a clip?

igoman

Newly Enlightened
I have the microstream as an EDC. I love it, it also has a decent throw for such a small light. Once the Fenix TK11 died on me(empty batteries) while hunting and and I used the microstream to get back to my car about 1km away. Before I always used the light mostly indoors and I was pleasantly surprised with the light performance on longer distances outdoor. I have the light in my pocket every day and it has never failed me. I also love the momentary function.

igoman

Newly Enlightened
I have the microstream as an EDC. I love it, it also has a decent throw for such a small light. Once the Fenix TK11 died on me(empty batteries) while hunting and and I used the microstream to get back to my car about 1km away. Before I always used the light mostly indoors and I was pleasantly surprised with the light performance on longer distances outdoor. I have the light in my pocket every day and it has never failed me. I also love the momentary function.

Russ Prechtl

Newly Enlightened
I love how CPFers continue to recommend the LF2XT even though it is almost impossible to find and insanely expensive if you can convince someone to part from theirs. It's like a cruel joke. Someone is just sitting back laughing at all of us trying to find this mythical perfect AAA light while they continue to recommend it to everyone and their mother.

The funny thing is that I don't like the LF2XT anyway. Call me a blasphemer if you want to, but I don't see what all the fuss is about. I had mine less than 24 hours and sold it. It was a big letdown with all the build up it gets.

rvsasa

Newly Enlightened
Fenix LD01 can do momentary if you don't don't twist the head too far out after the light is off. Same as ITP/Maratac AAA it would depend which style you like better.

As for the LD03, although it is a newer model, I wouldn't call it a replacement for LD01 since it's longer and heavier. The last thing you want in an EDC is size and weight right? The pen size LD03 will work well if you intend to hang it on your shirt pocket at all times. Personally I'd expect more functions/run-time in an EDC if there's an increase in size and weight though.

gunga

Flashaholic
The funny thing is that I don't like the LF2XT anyway. Call me a blasphemer if you want to, but I don't see what all the fuss is about. I had mine less than 24 hours and sold it. It was a big letdown with all the build up it gets.

Nah. I've had the LF2XT several times, keep selling it. I want to love it, but I think it's good, but not for me.

beerwax

Enlightened
Still need some help on this one.
Is there any clip options for the Univex?

the univex is clipfree. and slightly slimmer than a fenix so a fenix clip wont fit securely .

liteflux with clip. borrow the tardis and go back in time 1 year.

cheers

Roland the Headless

Newly Enlightened

If you want multi-level with a high that is brighter than the microstream, you can put an LD01 head on the microstream body. The threads are the same but will have to be ground down a little shorter. However, the microstream is a nice light as is.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gave my dad a Streamlight Microstream for pocket carry, and I keep one on my desk. It is so simple, and the momentary is very much appreciated. It is very, very light, and it just works. I highly recommend this light!

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd go with the Peak Eiger, SS keychain body, #8 head and a momentary switch. You'll be quite pleased I think. I also think there was a clip that Modoo at OVEREADY made for these? Even if not it's still a top quality light that just flat out works.

Russ Prechtl

Newly Enlightened
I'd go with the Peak Eiger, SS keychain body, #8 head and a momentary switch. You'll be quite pleased I think. I also think there was a clip that Modoo at OVEREADY made for these? Even if not it's still a top quality light that just flat out works.

Do you have any idea what the lumens output is on a #8 head? Just curious....

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gave my dad a Streamlight Microstream for pocket carry, and I keep one on my desk. It is so simple, and the momentary is very much appreciated. It is very, very light, and it just works. I highly recommend this light!

Last night we were watching the finale of Smallville when something thick and fast and hairy scurried across the floor almost as fast as Clarke Kent. The spider ran under the TV console before I could scramble for the light switch. My dad reached in his pocket for the Microstream, which made me very happy: that's why I got it for him! We couldn't catch the spider, but that was not the fault of the light.

Death's Head

Enlightened
Well, I just pulled the trigger on a Eiger with a momentary switch and also a Univex AAA.