Acebeam K60 (1xXHP70, 4x18650) Review

ven

Flashaholic
Thanks , I need tips from Mr candle lamp:) he takes amazing crisp pics!!

Yes , all lights have a purpose and although I don't get the WOW effect from some,I enjoy using all my lights,even ones under 1k ml. Most of my work uses are sub 200lm and prefer more floody for less glare off metals.

Outdoor is a different matter :D for walks 200-400 is more than adequate but to have 1000's of lm on tap is only a good thing. Time allowing I will be out at weekend(weather also permitting) and take a few different lights next time.....which ones I don't know yet but a variety to compare.

Must admit right now I only want to take the k60vn :laughing:
Look forward to your pics and enjoy your holiday :)

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has some high frequency noise at high levels (4-5) almost imperceptible when the batteries are fresh (is normal ? )

I like it more and more with each minute past :)

I don't know if I don't seem to hear that on those levels as I'm not sensitive in hearing.
There's no difference which level I chose. Nice to hear you got the light. Hope the light will give long service. :)

Few of the lights me and my 5yr old took out for fun(yes we had more with us)

Misty lake

Awesome spill and throw in poor conditions.........oh and poor camera :laughing:

The phone does not catch the spill and brightness fully as on auto balance,however i can tell you it light up everywhere

Guess at 400yds or so

150ft give/take

Hot spot

Viking pro v2.5 for comparison

v11r xml2-u3 on 16340 fuel

Agree with Octavian, very nice tint,mine is shaved dome so would imagine 500k or so less and find the colour rendition good,excellent compared to the cool viking pro!!

L5 to L6 is not huge,well it is 4000 to 5000lm so its expected,however its noticeable still,no doubt more noticeable if you could drop levels down instead of just advancing.

I prefer it to the tk75vn(dome on) and thats a big statement!! Beam is just perfect balance and artifact free,its a must have for anyone wanting a good value search light that has adequate throw and usable spill.........enough to light up easily a 400x200yrd field!

What a nice beamshot! Thanks for the nice pictures and feedback. ven! :thumbsup:
As you mentioned, the K60VN does light up everywhere with a huge volume of light. It's amazing and amazing. The tint looks good as well. Thanks for your nice posting again. :)

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I envy all of you who live out in the country where you can shine mega lights to your heart's content. Here, in the big city opportunities are limited, except for a big park where you can shine all you want as long as you don't mind getting mugged. The K60 is the first light I've had that is literally too bright for where I live! :(

Brightnorm

ven

Flashaholic
Thanks for the kind words candle lamp:cool:

I can imagine your pain Brightnorm,where i live is similar ,well few open spaces i guess but quite a few houses so far from ideal. Country park is around 1.5 mile away so i am there regular,mainly day with the kids. Now making a conscious effort for some night time flashlight fun!!!
Callum loves it in the dark(park in the dark), just one pic not to derail of the x40vnTQ

Will take different lights each time and edc ones for closer up navigating

If you can,make a trip out(not sure which kind of open areas away from the city and how time consuming). But worth giving up an hour or so when dark and stretch the lumens of your leds! You never know,may become a habit as well as an excuse for exercise (2 birds.1 stone).

Back on the k60vn.........bright enough to light the moon

No Callum was not on the swings :laughing:

Very usable spill, this for me and my uses is important............

This pic is with the tk75vn dome on 4400led lumens,now conditions are different(not as dark for the k60vn) and usual mist contamination. Even the tk61vn could not penetrate much past 100yds of the tree! )
Please allow for auto balance,different levels of darkness(less light pollution of the tk lights) and slight distance difference as took a good time before the k60............in other words not 100% accurate:thumbsup:
tk75vn

tk61vn(600+ kcd) zoomed in a bit

tm15

k60vn

;)

IMO the k60 is like the perfect beam tk75,no artifacts form the large deep reflector unlike the 3 wells of the tk75.

More concentrated hot spot too..........imo its one awesome light,really is a must buy for anyone wanting huge output with respectable throw and spill in one light.

Last edited:

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the kind words candle lamp:cool:

I can imagine your pain Brightnorm,where i live is similar ,well few open spaces i guess but quite a few houses so far from ideal. Country park is around 1.5 mile away so i am there regular,mainly day with the kids. Now making a conscious effort for some night time flashlight fun!!!
Callum loves it in the dark(park in the dark), just one pic not to derail of the x40vnTQ

Will take different lights each time and edc ones for closer up navigating

If you can,make a trip out(not sure which kind of open areas away from the city and how time consuming). But worth giving up an hour or so when dark and stretch the lumens of your leds! You never know,may become a habit as well as an excuse for exercise (2 birds.1 stone).

Back on the k60vn.........bright enough to light the moon

No Callum was not on the swings :laughing:

Very usable spill, this for me and my uses is important............

This pic is with the tk75vn dome on 4400led lumens,now conditions are different(not as dark for the k60vn) and usual mist contamination. Even the tk61vn could not penetrate much past 100yds of the tree! )
Please allow for auto balance,different levels of darkness(less light pollution of the tk lights) and slight distance difference as took a good time before the k60............in other words not 100% accurate:thumbsup:
tk75vn

tk61vn(600+ kcd) zoomed in a bit

tm15

k60vn

;)

IMO the k60 is like the perfect beam tk75,no artifacts form the large deep reflector unlike the 3 wells of the tk75.

More concentrated hot spot too..........imo its one awesome light,really is a must buy for anyone wanting huge output with respectable throw and spill in one light.

Wow! Another great pictures with cool explanation. :thumbsup:

Yes, strong and good spot with balanced spill is fairly nice on K60.

Thanks. ven! :)

Octavian

Newly Enlightened
Back from holiday, no photos but what a light..what a light...
At 12-14 grC in the night it can be used a lot longer time to last levels.

I stayet at a hostel in a montainous area, believe or not, the electricity failed in the night for aprx one hour till was repaired, well... IT WAS MY UNIVERS ! :) after that I was known as the light man , saver of the night :))

Octavian

Newly Enlightened

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
A small comparison between K60 and Nitecore MT40 (at full power 860 lm) , K60 at 700 lm the brightness is the same in my eyes (the spill is brighter), just that MT40 have a better throw, the tree at aprx 70-80 meters (~80 yards).
At 1700 lm nothing to compare, at 3500 lm only the spill make a lot of light at this distance....nice, I love it :))

http://s280.photobucket.com/user/rachiebuna/media/K60/K60ampMT40_zpsajvodfgh.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Your beamshot for each output level is very helpful. Thank you for the nice pictures. Octavian! :thumbsup:

I've just resized your photo and posted it on the forum for everyone.

S-K60ampMT40_zpsajvodfgh.jpg

Last edited:

Octavian

Newly Enlightened
Thank you candle lamp.

Hope to make some time for photos at longer distances.

In holiday I lighted at app 350 meters (350-380 yards) a forest (I was on a hill and the forest on the other side) a huge wall of light in the darkness :)) , very impressive, unfortunately I wasn't prepared with my camera.

I'm very glad with the choice I made, no regrets for the money :) (but only I know the money spend... :) )

fnsooner

Enlightened
Thanks for the review candle lamp. I received mine the other day and I really like it.

The UI is really nice. I generally like my lights to have side switches, so I'm liking the magnetic ring for mode selection. Any lights that I do have laying around, that have tail cap switches, are single mode forward clickie types. That is basically what this light is when operating it with the tail switch. Similar to 4Sevens old tactical UI. A very simple, clean UI. I like it.

I also like the orange peel reflector, the tint and that it tail stands. It is like they made this light just for me.

It even has moonlight mode. Awesome. Thanks again for the review.

Last edited:

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you candle lamp.

Hope to make some time for photos at longer distances.

In holiday I lighted at app 350 meters (350-380 yards) a forest (I was on a hill and the forest on the other side) a huge wall of light in the darkness :)) , very impressive, unfortunately I wasn't prepared with my camera.

I'm very glad with the choice I made, no regrets for the money :) (but only I know the money spend... :) )

I'm glad you like the light. Octavian! :)

Thanks for the review candle lamp. I received mine the other day and I really like it.

The UI is really nice. I generally like my lights to have side switches, so I'm liking the magnetic ring for mode selection. Any lights that I do have laying around, that have tail cap switches, are single mode forward clickie types. That is basically what this light is when operating it with the tail switch. Similar to 4Sevens old tactical UI. A very simple, clean UI. I like it.

I also like the orange peel reflector, the tint and that it tail stands. It is like they made this light just for me.

It even has moonlight mode. Awesome. Thanks again for the review.

Thanks for your support. fnsooner! :)

Octavian

Newly Enlightened
I checked few times the voltage to all cells at different levels (at 3,5...at 3,8V...etc), always the difference was 0,01-0,015 V (3,5....3,51 at all cells) so from my point off view is not true what some people said that the cells are not discharged at the same level.

It is very safe to use IMRs (and absolutely necessary to have all power what is capable) the warning came at ~3,5-3,55 V at last levels 5 and 6, blinks three times each ~15 sec. The flashlight work at full power also at this voltage, no decreasing of the power. This is nice because the warning came earlier than the cells are almost dead, very safe.
To level 4 (1700 lm) is no warning at this volatge to IMRs , the drain is not so much, at ~3,3V start to blinks to level 4.

With protected cells the warning at last levels came a lot earlier, at ~3,75-3,8V (standby) the cells (Panasonic 3400 mAh) seems that don't have enough current to sustain the high drain and the voltage drops to much and the flashlight blinks.

PS: I use Efest IMR purple button top 3100 mAh, goods cells for the money.

Octavian

Newly Enlightened
I still complaint about high frequency noise at level 4 (1700 lm) when the cells are fully loaded.
Close to my ear in total silent I can hear this noise - high frequence but not continuously/linear (it has some interruptions) but only when the cells are more than 4,0V and only at level 4 (some noise also at level 5, but not so much) and usually when I go direct on level 4.
When the cells drops under 4V the noise disappear...

The heat of this flashlight is very influenced by external environment, in the room at ~25degrees C became hot in much shorter time that outside at 20-22 C.

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I checked few times the voltage to all cells at different levels (at 3,5...at 3,8V...etc), always the difference was 0,01-0,015 V (3,5....3,51 at all cells) so from my point off view is not true what some people said that the cells are not discharged at the same level.

It is very safe to use IMRs (and absolutely necessary to have all power what is capable) the warning came at ~3,5-3,55 V at last levels 5 and 6, blinks three times each ~15 sec. The flashlight work at full power also at this voltage, no decreasing of the power. This is nice because the warning came earlier than the cells are almost dead, very safe.
To level 4 (1700 lm) is no warning at this volatge to IMRs , the drain is not so much, at ~3,3V start to blinks to level 4.

With protected cells the warning at last levels came a lot earlier, at ~3,75-3,8V (standby) the cells (Panasonic 3400 mAh) seems that don't have enough current to sustain the high drain and the voltage drops to much and the flashlight blinks.

PS: I use Efest IMR purple button top 3100 mAh, goods cells for the money.

You will see more uneven cells discharge in case you run the light on Max. output level continuously.
From my experiences, the difference in voltage is about 0.1~0.3V on max. output.
It seems the range of the uneven discharge depends on the output & number of cells.

I still complaint about high frequency noise at level 4 (1700 lm) when the cells are fully loaded.
Close to my ear in total silent I can hear this noise - high frequence but not continuously/linear (it has some interruptions) but only when the cells are more than 4,0V and only at level 4 (some noise also at level 5, but not so much) and usually when I go direct on level 4.
When the cells drops under 4V the noise disappear...

The heat of this flashlight is very influenced by external environment, in the room at ~25degrees C became hot in much shorter time that outside at 20-22 C.

That's very curious phenomenon. Do you have same experience in different brand cells?
How about contacting your dealer?

Yes, no doubt. The external conditions (temperature, air flow, internal-external space, grip in your hand, etc.) are important.

Octavian

Newly Enlightened
My dealer didn't noticed any noise in his tests, I assume that is be true, only close to the ear it can be heard, normally held in hand is hard to hear something (must be in the room with total silent).
But only when the cells are fully loaded, under 4V no noise.

Anyway the warranty to flashlight is 36 months, I don't think that will be any problems (and I have e good relation with the dealer from some years) .

Meanwhile I enjoy my torch ! :)

Octavian

Newly Enlightened
My got! I can not hear the noise with both ears! :thinking:
With left ear I can hear the noise (light 1 inch from the ear) but with right ear absolutely nothing !

I made the test also to my wife, she can hear (some) noise with right ear and with left ear nothing...
I must make the test to other persons...should be normal...? It's a beginning of deafness...? Or is possible that not everyone can hear this high frequency noise...

I never happened to not hear a noise with both ears...

Octavian

Newly Enlightened

Yes, no doubt. The external conditions (temperature, air flow, internal-external space, grip in your hand, etc.) are important.
I made a test, same external environment (my bedroom ) at 23 grC and 27 grC, well...at 27C at level 5 became hot in 3 minutes, at 23 C same hot but after 9 minutes...

And one more thing :) The dissipation of the heat is interesting, in 2-3 minutes at high levels the dissipation is on the ring and on the batteries tube, but in 5-6 minutes the heat is dissipating on the head, after 10-15 minutes, the batteries tube is only warm and the head is hot !! :)
I like this.

The flashlight can be hold only by the batteries tube :)))

Octavian

Newly Enlightened
Do we know the voltage at emitter ?

The cells are in series, I believe the emitter is driven at 12V, in this case the current per cell is around 2500-3000 mAh at max output.

I believe this also because of your measurements, there are no difference between high drain cells and protected cells, runtime time and power is the same (not like Nitecore TM16 where good high drain cells provide more power comparing with protected cells).