• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam T21vn - Best 2*18650 Thrower

Capolini

Banned
That is true.. lol mine is 4500 lumen way floody..

The "Boss"[CAPO] has started to MOD his own line of lights! "cm"= CAPO MAZUR!

This is him watching his Monitors making sure his workers are not only producing quality lights but are being as efficient as possible!

CAPO_watching_TV.jpg

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Always beautiful Mr capo. Shiloh's AKC papers came. To bad he can't read them. :) but the gf is happy.
I knew the c stood for capo now I know the m!!

MC408

Enlightened
Is it better to run 2 button top 18650s in this light. I notice a slight play in space for the batteries with flat tops, connection is fine, but seems like button tops may fit more secure.

Open to suggestions. Running 2 Sony vtc5s right now.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it better to run 2 button top 18650s in this light. I notice a slight play in space for the batteries with flat tops, connection is fine, but seems like button tops may fit more secure.

Open to suggestions. Running 2 Sony vtc5s right now.

I always run button top in this situation.. you can get away with flat top in 26650 format...

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed the same with a pair of GAs Mike. I then went for the button top 30Qs and it's perfect. It provides the extra few mms to secure it without problems. [emoji4]

MC408

Enlightened
I noticed the same with a pair of GAs Mike. I then went for the button top 30Qs and it's perfect. It provides the extra few mms to secure it without problems. [emoji4]

Thansk SG, I'll grab a couple 30Qs. I heard a couple people recommend these. Is this the battery of choice for most Vinh lights or does it vary from light to light? Need recommendations but I'll post in the lounge

Capolini

Banned
Hi all. Would 2 x nitecore 2600's be ok to use in this?? For a single xp-g2 isn't running 30q's a little OTT?

I am sure you could use them. However, being a modded light your going to get better output and run time w/ 30Q/LG HG2/VTC6 ect.

ALL of Vinh's lights perform better w/ high drain batteries. Your standard Protected 18650[ICR] can not push the light as far because they can not supply enough amps.;)

Last edited:

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Vinh has mj1 batts in it for the review video.

The mt-g2 doesn't need that high of amp, but given the low cost of em, why not?

Really thinking more about buying this one...

torchsarecool

Enlightened
Thanks chaps, I'll pick up some 30q's IF I get this light. I won't digress but I'm undecided between this and the Xsvn. Decisions decisions

torchsarecool

Enlightened
I think Vinh has mj1 batts in it for the review video.

The mt-g2 doesn't need that high of amp, but given the low cost of em, why not?

Really thinking more about buying this one...

Lol...we can see your auto correct taking over there (MTG2). You know you're a flashaholic when your phone/tablet knows it's emitters....lol

ven

Flashaholic
Hi all. Would 2 x nitecore 2600's be ok to use in this?? For a single xp-g2 isn't running 30q's a little OTT?

Norb at ecolux shop now has the vtc6 under his own label Ampsplus, may be worth a shot! I am getting a couple to try out at some point. But as said, 30Q's are always a good option along with the LG's

Will pm a link, £7 each

Last edited:

torchsarecool

Enlightened
I'll take a look Cheers mark. I'd be looking at ecolux shop for definite whatever I buy. I was happy with your recommendation last time to.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol...we can see your auto correct taking over there (MTG2). You know you're a flashaholic when your phone/tablet knows it's emitters....lol
Oops. Thanks for noticing and correcting me so someone else doesn't get confused.
And yes, sadly autocorrect has picked up too much. Like when I type "m3" it corrects to m3xs-ut.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
tbh, using 2 18650s with this light isn't quite so bad. Having that longer tube feels more balanced in the hand on top of the obvious fact of getting longer runtimes.

The beam profile is definitely similar to the u21vn even though the t21vn has a wider reflector. The depth of the led in both the u21vn and the t21vn is about the same and Vinh is probably correct in saying that the width of the reflector contributes more to throw than the depth.

There's still a small part of me that wants to challenge that because having a shallow/wide reflector allows for a wider outer diameter of spill which is literally light directly from the led itself. This means that there is that much less light hitting the reflector to get focused into a "hotspot" from which the throw is derived. This statement alone means nothing if the reflector -profile- is such that it can focus the light it is given into a hotspot but obviously it's easier to create a more intense hotspot with more light than with less. My main point being, that it is the "reflector profile" that determines the throw of a light and not something as simple as width or depth...

I dunno tho.

As always, this is just my own uneducated assumptions about how parabolas are supposed to work. It's also kind of my personal hope that it's possible to have pinkie-sized edc lights that throw hundreds of thousands of lux while not being a laser and having some amount of usable spill.

Anyhow, enough with the lounge-worthy rambling! Honestly, between the u21vn and the t21n, and the m30cvnT, I can't choose a favorite! gunna try to take it to work tomorrow to try them all out :)

edit: one thing I noticed right now is that in moonlight mode, there is a small delay in turning on AND off the light. Man, I wish this thing had drivervnx2 so that I could just use the tail switch as a lockout!

Last edited: