• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam T21vn - Best 2*18650 Thrower

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi flybird, I do have a U21vn (XPL PDT, 1500 lumen, 260K lux) which I will include in the beamshots. It will probably be Friday or Saturday night.

Polisher, I know what you mean about making beamshots of these long throwers. The limitation isn't the flashlight, it's the camera!

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi flybird, I do have a U21vn (XPL PDT, 1500 lumen, 260K lux) which I will include in the beamshots. It will probably be Friday or Saturday night.

Polisher, I know what you mean about making beamshots of these long throwers. The limitation isn't the flashlight, it's the camera!

Thanks Mad, I have both as well. I have the camera but I can't brain with cameras at night. [emoji38]

The T21vn can run with the big boys. No spill or glare gives it legs, and it is so much smaller than the K70 or TN42.

The U21vn is a great all rounder. Small and throwy. Both are no regret purchases! [emoji4]

MC408

Enlightened
If you happen to have U21vn , please compare it too , will you please ?
Because I am on the fence whether to order it or not , if it is significantly better than U21vn XPG2 that I have. Thanks.

I got em both, and I would say, they are both great lights, but if your second guessing buying the T21vn cause you don't think it'll be much improvement over the u21vn, don't do it!

buy the T21vn!!! It blows doors off anything in its size category.

Still my favorite light!

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not understanding why this light requires two cells with an XPG2?

Seems like a single cell direct drive version would make the same numbers?

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I ordered my t21vn, i asked vinh if it was possible to get driverVNX2. His reply was yes but it will have to be run single cell and that the output would only be about the same as a stock t21 with 2 batteries.

I assume a buck driver (potentially) delivers more power than direct drive. Or to put it another way, a single battery is not enough to max out an xpg2.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not understanding why this light requires two cells with an XPG2?

Seems like a single cell direct drive version would make the same numbers?
With 2 cells in series, the voltage is doubled. My guess is that the stock driver takes advantage of this.

It will run with one cell but at about 25% loss of performance.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahh - must be high VFs on these xpgs ;)

Used to be able to get close to max performance from an xpg under direct drive from a decent 18650.

EndOfTheTunnel

Newly Enlightened
Since this uses the stock driver, it's 'working voltage' is 3v-12v, right? Has anyone tried 4xCR123, or 3x18340/18350 (with a blank spacer) or even 3x18650 (with a 3rd battery tube)?

MadAmos

Newly Enlightened
I received the T21vn i ordered today and there were two awesome surprises, one is the throw and beam are everything I hoped for. The second surprise is .... Fiat Lux, nice nice bonus on my first but definitely not last purchase. :grin2::clap:

Thanks Vinh I don't know how you got it done so well and so fast.

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Numbers aren't out yet for the black flat version but I'm gonna bet 800 lumens 700k lux.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if it will have a 5% output loss with Driver VN as opposed to the factory driver. Anyways I predict 650k minimum.

What kind of batteries to people put in this? Protected or Unprotected?

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Specs for both options:

6aOW9Mz.png

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my 2x18650 T21vn with Black Flat in today. Here are some pics of its emitter on moonlight and a low-exposure white-wall beamshot.

vWk0sbz.jpg

S3UxHJq.jpg

Fingerprints on the inside of the glass lens is a little disappointing. :(

Last edited: