• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R (DISCONTINUED SOON)

Patriot

Flashaholic
Is it characteristic to have a slight doughnut hole effect in the center of the W30's beam or are most beams completely filled in the center?

Mattflash

Newly Enlightened
What is a cheap method to check stock power before I send the best one to you for modding . I've got three to chose from.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
The brightest one with the tightest hot spot are usually the best candidates. If you send me all three I'll pick the one that I think it's best to mod.

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The brightest one with the tightest hot spot are usually the best candidates. If you send me all three I'll pick the one that I think it's best to mod.

Wow really, that does not surprise me coming from Vinh, he's not just super talented but so dedicated to his/her customers! Wish I could put my hands on one of those

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Wow really, that does not surprise me coming from Vinh, he's not just super talented but so dedicated to his/her customers! Wish I could put my hands on one of those

Cheaper alternative? Both about $250

Jetbeam M1X & M2S

UkjeYlo.jpg

Y5qLvJ0.jpg

Taswegian

Newly Enlightened
Re: Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R

You can still get the W30 here in AU its still in stock at the place i buy 'normal' lights from

Do they still have some in stock of 6500k?
Ebay AU still has version neutral white and hi CRI which i think are the worst of the 3.

AmericanDissent

Enlightened
W30vn from about 12 miles...

gUrBkpq.jpg

That's really awesome, thanks for the pics!

We had some serious fog the other night so I snapped a quick pic of my W30vn, W10vn, and DBAL A3 laser for fun. The quality is horrible as I was holding both lights and the laser in one hand, and taking the pic with the other.
dsVyjdg.jpg

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
That's really awesome, thanks for the pics!

We had some serious fog the other night so I snapped a quick pic of my W30vn, W10vn, and DBAL A3 laser for fun. The quality is horrible as I was holding both lights and the laser in one hand, and taking the pic with the other.

That turned out quite good considering the multi-taking required!! Nice shot there AD!

Patriot

Flashaholic
With my luck I'll have the light when I'm lost, 13 miles away from help

Hahahaa! Yes, muphy's law, right! :laughing:

I have little doubt that the W30vn would be visible at least 30-40 miles with the naked eye, in daylight. This was today, at about noon with some overcast, shot with my buddy's Iphone, through a window. I called and asked him to take a picture for me. In low light or at night time, the W30vn would be nearly startling to people in an aircraft at anything less than 6-8 miles. They wouldn't be able to ignore an SOS if they wanted to.

Last edited:

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should be able to get in a night hike on the 22nd and a friend plans on being able to assist. Any special requests of any kind?
Ya, just to see how far the light can hit you from miles away :) I havent seen anyone do this yet.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk