Acebeam X45 Flashlight Review (4x XHP70, 4x 18650, 16,500 lumens)

Sen0rphil

Newly Enlightened
Anyone sick of beamshots? No? Good! Here is a test between the X7 and the X45 on maximum output modes. Colour temperature setting on the camera is set to portray real life as accurately as possible.

X7 on top row, X45 on bottom.

I would say the difference in real life is a little greater than what is portrayed in these Beamshots. The X7 is still impressive nonetheless.

2d64eb852b38ad91e6ef5a121ea52f91.jpg

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes very good beamshots, thanks for posting them. It looks brighter than the X7 on the photos. The extra throw probably helps a bit too.

It is hard to exactly guess the lumens by sight as our eyes are really unreliable where gradual dimming is involved, but run time graphs from maukka put it at 4000 lumens in 6 minutes cooled on turbo max. They are not all the same obviously ( yours may be different) so I'm just trying to get a form line for the light before drawing conclusions.

I appreciate the work that you have put in on this light, and I'm not picking a fight with another Aussie. [emoji38] I was more reacting to the "false economy" comment, which is probably a bit premature given the subjective nature of the info. [emoji106][emoji4]

Sen0rphil

Newly Enlightened
Yes very good beamshots, thanks for posting them. It looks brighter than the X7 on the photos. The extra throw probably helps a bit too.

It is hard to exactly guess the lumens by sight as our eyes are really unreliable where gradual dimming is involved, but run time graphs from maukka put it at 4000 lumens in 6 minutes cooled on turbo max. They are not all the same obviously ( yours may be different) so I'm just trying to get a form line for the light before drawing conclusions.

I appreciate the work that you have put in on this light, and I'm not picking a fight with another Aussie. [emoji38] I was more reacting to the "false economy" comment, which is probably a bit premature given the subjective nature of the info. [emoji106][emoji4]
Yeah, no bad feelings around here! All this flashlight stuff is just playing around with awesome LED technology with a lot of estimations.

The graph maukka posted will confirm my suspicions, as my test was closer to 5 minutes, and the light was cooled much better with 100km/h cool air, so it did not start stepping down at all. It would have been a touch over 12000 lumens at a guess :)
20d685bbd2fa54d9ae61b9a2c5787d37.jpg

HIDSGT

Enlightened
Yeaah... I saw through the 25k lumen output for the first 30s for the x45vn and figured the stock light is way more practical.

Regulated output, Moonlight mode, better ui than vnx2 imo, the battery indicator works, you don't have to fear about melting the light from leaving it on turbo too long, you keep 5 year warranty and best of all, you can buy it locally much cheaper in NW and receive it by the weekend. (mine has just shipped) :)

I've gone the stock X45 route too now after returning the X45vn.
U both sound like two little old ladies at Bingo...... "I don't have a battery indicator now, its gets too hot for me to hold, the power drops down" OMG plz stop and both of you just GO AWAY.......

Sen0rphil

Newly Enlightened
U both sound like two little old ladies at Bingo...... "I don't have a battery indicator now, its gets too hot for me to hold, the power drops down" OMG plz stop and both of you just GO AWAY.......
We have gone away.. Thats why we arn't posting in the X45vn thread.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Please watch tour manners. :shakehead

Bill

SonShine

Newly Enlightened
Re: Acebeam X45 Flashlight WARRANTY ???

PRETTY PLEASE!!!! SOME ONE TALK TO: Warranty issues of the Acebeam vs Olight.

I understand that if one owns an OLIGHT, warranty issues are easily taken care of out of Georgia. Turn around time 1 to 3 weeks...

ON THE OTHER HAND...

Acebeam ( like many other lights) and warranty issues require light to be shipped back to china. ( turn around time many months)

Is this true? or could the owner of a ACEBEAM get it repaired as soon as an OLIGHT?

I need to buy a good light to replace my feeble mag light .

blessed

Newly Enlightened
I realize that it's still summer and people usually don't go around wearing heavy gloves, but looking at the switch, I am curious if anyone has tried going through the paces with heavy gloves on with this light and if so, could post any remarks on the subject please. Thanks.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Acebeam X45 Flashlight WARRANTY ???

If I am correct Going Gear sells Acebeam which they may do the warranty.
PRETTY PLEASE!!!! SOME ONE TALK TO: Warranty issues of the Acebeam vs Olight.

I understand that if one owns an OLIGHT, warranty issues are easily taken care of out of Georgia. Turn around time 1 to 3 weeks...

ON THE OTHER HAND...

Acebeam ( like many other lights) and warranty issues require light to be shipped back to china. ( turn around time many months)

Is this true? or could the owner of a ACEBEAM get it repaired as soon as an OLIGHT?

I need to buy a good light to replace my feeble mag light .

HIDSGT

Enlightened
yea its a winner if your looking for a flood light for ur backyard. otherwise its totally useless!

Good move. I think the stock x45 is simply a winner. Plus you can get longer Runtimes with the 3000mah cells. I will likely be selling my mint x7 NW when this one arrives and have done beamshots. The x7 is a great light but simply isn't so useful with only 30kcd.

stfc69

Newly Enlightened
My X45 is different to others I have seen on here for some reason, it has a smooth reflector??? Any thoughts as to why?

11br91z.jpg

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Omg, that looks so cool! Where did you get that from, and when?

I don't know why yours is smooth. I always liked the appearance of smooth reflectors versus crinkly. Are there any more available? What does your beam tint and beam profile look like?

stfc69

Newly Enlightened
I got it from HKEquipment a couple of weeks ago, it still says OP reflector in the included information leaflet... The beam profile looks pretty good as does the neutral tint.

I also wondered about the LEDs as they look different to the one in my neutral white EC50ii, could they be XHP70.2?

maukka

Enlightened
Interesting. Those are definitely XHP70.2.

edit: got confirmation from the dealer, new ones are indeed SMO and XHP70.2.

Last edited:

stfc69

Newly Enlightened
Interesting. Those are definitely XHP70.2.

edit: got confirmation from the dealer, new ones are indeed SMO and XHP70.2.

Thanks for the confirmation, I guess that's a good thing!

How much difference will the changes make?

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for review!

While I am not a fan of these overpowered lights I actually find this flashlight attractive. I can simply ignore the turbomodes and use the regular regulated modes. 1h20min at 4000lm and 3h50min at 1500lm really is high performance and these can be runned without overheating the light.

Last edited: