• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam X70vn - Highest Production Output

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I might do a few one offs with my own driver but thats it. The production light will have stock UI. Basically LED mod only. I have not done any torture test with the fan yet. This should be fun.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
You mentioned x70 lux is 620 which translate to 60,000 lumen... x65vn solis is 440 lux = 42,580 lumen..

i want to know how did you get lumen for x65vn solis and x65vn in the beginning??? Can you try to test the x70 the way you have been doing ??

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
You mentioned x70 lux is 620 which translate to 60,000 lumen... x65vn solis is 440 lux = 42,580 lumen..

i want to know how did you get lumen for x65vn solis and x65vn in the beginning??? Can you try to test the x70 the way you have been doing ??

Early Solis samples was tested at 40K-42K Lumen at turn on by celing bounce interpolation. I claimed 35K Lumen at 30S which is a fair value to deliver.

I also must note that ceiling bounce and interpolation is to be taken for what its worth only. Different types of beam will reflect light back to the meter differently. For example Throwers might bounce back better and gives higher value than flooders while both has the same output. Tint plays a role also. This is why we have integrating sphere for uniform control reflection. As a matter of fact a decent sphere is about $4000. So all we have are really just educated estimates.

Beam shots dont lie and matter most IMO.

Last edited:

Rasher

Enlightened
I'm curious about the spec 3 - the xhp70 is lower output, yes? What would the reason be to want that LED in a monster output light (color rendition?)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I'm curious about the spec 3 - the xhp70 is lower output, yes? What would the reason be to want that LED in a monster output light (color rendition?)

Building it today. Should give extra throw. We will see about the tint. Putting more lumen on target is always a goal :)

star_c_star

Enlightened
Resistance is futile (was futile?). I couldn't resist.

I just ordered the Acebeam X70vn with shaved 70.2 domes.

59,000 lumens should be enough for dog walking:twothumbs.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Resistance is futile (was futile?). I couldn't resist.

I just ordered the Acebeam X70vn with shaved 70.2 domes.

59,000 lumens should be enough for dog walking:twothumbs.

May be its too much LOL
I am still testing these lights. The handle I thought I hate actually works. I got it kinda wet being in the rain too. So far its still running and nothing really caught in the blades yet. I think I would prefer a 70.2 Center LED too.
I also think I know why the throw only increase a tiny bit with shave dome.
1) Shallow reflectors
2) The increase in throw is greater outside of the peak hot spot created by the XHP35 HI. So in reality more lumen is put on target but the peak hot spot isn't changed much because thats not heavily contributed by the 70.2 SD. Not sure if I am making sense.

luxxlightsaber

Enlightened
May be its too much LOL
I am still testing these lights. The handle I thought I hate actually works. I got it kinda wet being in the rain too. So far its still running and nothing really caught in the blades yet. I think I would prefer a 70.2 Center LED too.
I also think I know why the throw only increase a tiny bit with shave dome.
1) Shallow reflectors
2) The increase in throw is greater outside of the peak hot spot created by the XHP35 HI. So in reality more lumen is put on target but the peak hot spot isn't changed much because thats not heavily contributed by the 70.2 SD. Not sure if I am making sense.

I totally understand a center Xhp70.2 shaved dome would be ideal better beam balance.

star_c_star

Enlightened
How about a CFT-90 as center LED?

I love this LED!!! Admittedly, it might not be a good match with the rest of the beam profile.

It also is expensive, so even if it works well as center LED, it should be an option or maybe a one-off.

Last edited:

luxxlightsaber

Enlightened
How about a CFT-90 as center LED?

I love this LED!!! Admittedly, it might not be a good match with the rest of the beam profile.

It also is expensive, so even if it works well as center LED, it should be an option or maybe a one-off.

I doubt it but if Vinhkenstien can pull it off I'll pay the extra coin for it. I dont think it would do well in that reflector waste off led and money, but who knows only V54!!!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Star C Star got the last X70vn for now. Hard to get stock on these bad boys. Acebeam doesn't sell to me anymore so things are a bit harder. They dont like me modding their lights.

luxxlightsaber

Enlightened
Star C Star got the last X70vn for now. Hard to get stock on these bad boys. Acebeam doesn't sell to me anymore so things are a bit harder. They dont like me modding their lights.

Why would that be a problem once you buy them you could do whatever you want with them,heck you could use tthem for target practice for all i care their yours your paying for them!! Acebeam I am adressing, sell to Vinh its good for you and us please!!!!!!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Why would that be a problem once you buy them you could do whatever you want with them, That's what I told them. I said they have my warranty after I mod them. Acebeam is no longer liable. But that doesnt change their mind. They dont mind selling to me if I only sell as stock but of course thats not what I do.

heck you could use tthem for target practice for all i care their yours your paying for them!! Acebeam I am adressing, sell to Vinh its good for you and us please!!!!!!

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
You keep making them come out with bigger and better lights--- It seems every time you find more Lumens and Throw they come out with lights following your lead -----------:twothumbs

Steeldog

Newly Enlightened

Thats too bad. We're all spoiled. Lots of us won't buy Acebeam lights unless they come from Skylumen with his warranty.

star_c_star

Enlightened
There may be at least one more available Acebeam X70vn.

One is listed on Vinh's Thanksgiving sale.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow... so we can shave the .2s now. Looks good! Brings back memories of when my ex-wife use to shave her legs on the first of every month. She don't do that no more.

SKV89

Enlightened
X70 Stock measured right on 60,000 Lumen!!! Used X80GTvn 31,000 and bathroom ceiling bounce to interpolate. X70 reading was just slightly lower than twice as much as X80GTvn which puts it right at 60K Lumen!!!
X70vn 70.2 Shave Dome = 59,000 Lumen!!! No idea why we only lost 1000 Lumen!
X70 is 300Kcd
X70vn 70.2 Shave Dome is 320Kcd, Again no idea why we only gain 20kcd.

So this means is K70vn is a BEAST at a true 60K Lumen relatively to my other lights. Throw and lumen is too close on Dome on stock and Shave dome version to make a difference. TINT will be the key determinant.

There are no boost to the 70.2 Flood
There was a slight boost to the XHP35 HI Throw for 200 lumen more which is quite negligible at this caliber.

If you use the X80GTvn as the basis for the ceiling bounce measurements, it will definitely inflate the calculated lumens for the X70 because the X80GT is so much floodier. Ceiling bounce favors throwier beams.

I think the Dome vs SD didn't make much difference in throw because the center XHP35 HI contributes the majority of the intensity. Can you measure the throw with the XHP35 HI turned off? That way we can compare the real difference between dome and shaved dome.