• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

ACEBEAM X80

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although the UI seems well done for what it is, not sure if cycling thru UL/L/M/H to access the R/G/B/UV LED's was the best option.

The X80 would have been a real butt-kicker [and less gimmicky] if only Acebeam had forgone the colored LED's all together.

...but I'll probably still buy one!

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts and maybe with a beamy or two!

LumenTodd

Newly Enlightened
Sure, anything can be done.

But for liability, safety and warranty reasons, I [like many] prefer to keep these high powered lights in stock form.

Many of us prefer to purchase high powered lights from Sky Lumens for better UI, added safety features, and better warranty reasons.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oops...still not Tuesday! :crackup:

Last edited:

Keitho

Enlightened
If I pay someone to put low traction racing slick tires on my car, then slide off of a wet road, I can't expect the tire shop to pay for my misuse of the equipment I paid for them to modify from the stock condition. If I tail-stand a 30,000 lumen modified flashlight on a pile of oily rags and fireworks, the person who I paid to modify my stock light isn't to blame for the damage caused by my actions, using equipment that I knew or should have known to have some level of risk associated with operation in certain ways.

I know it is really fun and convenient to blame others for our hypothetical or real problems, but I prefer to leave that fun to lawyers and trolls, and personally own the consequences of my own risk/reward calculations.

TSO

Newly Enlightened
I'll do a vid of it up against the X45 and DT70 in 4K UHD!

Please do, ASAP! :)
I am waiting to by a highpower light, and am torn between s many recent options. The DT70 is also high on my list. Would love to see a comparison with that one, two.

TSO

Newly Enlightened
X80 is just brilliant, pure white light, no horrid hotspot like on the X45, no horrid petals, it's like a 25,000 lumen Nitecore Tip. The hotspot on the X80 is 4 times bigger than the X45 which is far better. Tbh it's got the biggest hotspot I've ever seen in a light and it blends nicely into the spill unlike the X45, which is just a bloody annoying yellow circle.

The colour modes are bright and floody. It gets hot fast, but 30 secs should be manageable outdoors which is great for the size. The batteries are packed in very tight for optimum contact but my flat-top Sony VTC5A still fit.

MORE INFO!! Beamshots? Impressions? Comparisons?
:)

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast

My mate that went with me last night doesn't know the lumens, cost or build quality of these 3 lights and the DT70 impressed him the most as it still does me. 700m of flood in your peripheral with that nice shaved XHP70 tint takes some beating.

X80 is the best for smaller areas though as it lights it all up evenly without washing out what's in front of you. X45 takes the prize for heat management.

Nice comparison. If I could only choose one it would have to be the DT70. It seemed to have the nicest tint and put all the lumens where you need them. Thanks for sharing.

TSO

Newly Enlightened
KG, thanks for the quick sharing of your experiences!
Honestly, though...I'm rather amazed at the apathy regarding this groundbreaking instrument. You'd think that something that more than doubles the popular Meteor and other similar offerings would have some interest.
Nevertheless, I'm very interested in your insights. Thanks for posting, and looking forward to other observations, as you have the time.
Cheers!

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great job on the video! Thanks for sharing it with us.

king2penn

Enlightened
Am a reseller for Acebeam and the X80 quality is really, really good. Colour LEDs are super bright and very nice flood also. White light is super awesome. Only comment is that maybe the heat vent should be bigger
SUPER FLOODER
Acebeam's quality is almost on par with the bigger manufacturers now

flashaholic1

Enlightened
Am a reseller for Acebeam and the X80 quality is really, really good. Colour LEDs are super bright and very nice flood also. White light is super awesome. Only comment is that maybe the heat vent should be bigger
SUPER FLOODER
Acebeam's quality is almost on par with the bigger manufacturers now

Best price for one?