• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

ACEBEAM X80

please can one of you upload the manual for the X80 so i can read it while i wait for mine to be delivered

thank you

off topic will i automatically get email notifications ?

i just got my X80

how long do the batteries take to charge ? its my FIRST LED torch besides my nitecore TIP so i have no clue

Keitho

Enlightened
i just got my X80

how long do the batteries take to charge ? its my FIRST LED torch besides my nitecore TIP so i have no clue

I know it is completely off topic, and will understand if a mod deletes this post because it is so far removed from the Acebeam X80 thread. But, in case someone arrives here looking for charge times of 18650 cells, for some reason...

I'd start in one of these two places (http://lygte-info.dk/info/roundCellChargerIndex UK.html or http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?436244-Index-of-reviewed-chargers-with-parameters), which has about 191 charger reviews/data at the time of this post. Each charger of 18650 cells has different charge times depending on the charger settings, the charge state of the cells (discharged, fully charged, or in between), the cell being charged, then number of cells being charged at one time, etc. By reading and understanding the review of your particular charger, then reading and understanding the reviews of the cells, then using a DMM to determine each cell's present voltage, an estimate of charge time can be determined with some arithmetic.

There is additional good information about selecting and charging 18650's here at lygte-info.dk and http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ons-about-18650-batteries-charging-and-buying

And now, a moment of silence to the subscribers we have lost this year. :candle:

archimedes

Flashaholic

A post above has been edited for language (and a quote of it has also been removed)

Please consider this to be a warning @icantchooseone

speculate

Newly Enlightened
Is the UV light in this flashlight safe to use for general purpose (looking for stains on the carpet)? Anyone know what the intensity of the light is?
I've heard UV LEDS can cause cancers and bad for your eyes

Snapper314

Newly Enlightened
I picked up one of these beauties a few days ago and it is AMAZING!

I can't believe something so small puts out so much light! And the colored lights are actually bright enough to be useful. My only issue is with the runtimes and heat buildup, which are both consequences of its small size, which is understandable.

I wish Acebeam created a new head configured for longer throw that we could screw onto this body.

Sun Boy

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Hoping for some advice please. At what level can you run the X80 constantly whist still being comfortable to hold?

Thanks