Adding an extra 18650 battery to Convoy C8

Thom2022

Enlightened
As a thought as your DIYing some of the host then I have 1 idea but it may cause some clutter. Use a generic driver for a normal LED and then branch the outputs through 4 small switches around the base of the head, one for each colour of the LED.

Moss

Newly Enlightened
Right, so branch the pos. lead four ways (RGBW), each with a switch positioned between the driver and LED circuit board?

Thom2022

Enlightened
In essence yes. And then they would all share a common earth. I have no idea how well this would work but from an electrical engineering standpoint I see no reason for it not to work although lumen output may decrease as more segments of the LED are turned on in unison.

Moss

Newly Enlightened
hmm. i will have a go with this, think it would need to be 1 switch 4channels.

Did you have a picture of that parallel battery cartridge?

Thom2022

Enlightened
I do I'm just trying to figure out why I can't post up images on here. Is it disabled in the mobile app as that's all I use.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do I'm just trying to figure out why I can't post up images on here. Is it disabled in the mobile app as that's all I use.
To upload directly you have to be a cpf supporter ($5/mo). But you can use postimage.org, flickr, photobucket, etc to host the image so you can embed it with a link.

And I now see by color you meant different leds, so my previous note about bins doesn't really apply.

You're trying to build a Coast TX10 on steroids. [emoji1]

Moss

Newly Enlightened
Yes exactly!

As Thom2022 suggested earlier for me, the Coast TX10 has 4 switches.

Thom2022

Enlightened
Ah that explains it. Looks like I need to sign up to one of those. I will get a picture uploaded for you tomorrow Moss.

Moss

Newly Enlightened
cool thanks. I also need to work out the picture thing.

light-modder

Enlightened
I was looking at using the RGBW xml for a project and went to you tube looking for something, don't remember what, and found a video of a guy that maybe used a driver he built, I'm not sure. Anyway, he had it dancing and making all kinds of colors, it was pretty cool. So to answer that question yes it's possible.
To throw in a little more input. I've not seen a higher voltage RGBW LED. I've also not seen a buck driver with four outputs, like the one for this LED. Doesn't mean these things don't exist though.