Adjustable focus flashlight recommendation?

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Hi ephesus.

Just saw your thread and thought I would add my bit to it also.

I've always liked the LED Lensers, especially the P5 and P7 because of their reasonable output, good throw, and focus mechanism. Only problem was no regulation which was a real show-stopper for me. There were simply too many better, brighter and cheaper torches out there.

However, that all changed when I recently purchased the M14, which has great output, great throw, is regulated, and is not too much bigger than the P7, although much fatter.

It's reasonably pocketable (if you have large pockets), is a great torch (yes I know this might be deemed treason on the forum) and I really like it's focus mechanism. A little pricey but that's OK, so was my RRT-3!

Absolutely recommend the M14, and it's powered by 4 AA's.

Just one thing that lets it down, and that is the belt clip. Once you put the torch into it forget about getting it off the belt. You are more likely to rip your belt off clean through before the clip lets the torch go!

I eventually took a file to mine and filed off a significant proportion of the knobs that stop the light coming off. Now it's fine.

cloggy

Newly Enlightened
Wolf Eyes Krait - Cree XR-2-220 lumens with R2, 260 with R5 , 5-48 degrees adjustable beam,2 x AA batteries and from one of the best Chinese manufacturers.I have one and highly recommend it.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Led Lenser P14 and it is good.

I now would like to own the Led Lenser P7R.

Rechargeable magnetic plug, USB chargeable, many regulated modes, strobe, 220 lumens fully
spot/flood adjustable speed lock focus, 1 x 18650 Lion battery and 255 metre throw.

Smaller than Led Lenser M14 or P14.

Check it out at a the Led Lenser website.

http://www.ledlenser.com.au/2009/ENG/products/html_highperformance/html_Rserie/M7R.php?
id=M7R

Last edited:

Latest posts