AKOray AA & AAA Review + RUNTIME

vali

Enlightened
You need to unscrew the tailcap. If its too hard to do, just get a piece of rubber, press the light against it and it should work. I did it with the mouse pad, but you can use another thing, like a tire :devil:

BlackDecker

Enlightened
I finally got my AKOray AA from Hong Kong (took almost a month to arrive from date of order). The light output is pretty fantastic... it easily overpowers my old Fenix L1P, and gives my Fenix L2D a good competition.

The build quality seems pretty decent for a $23 flashlight.

The only thing I needed to do was put a bit of Super Lube on the dry threads when I installed the AA Eneloop.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it too early to nominate the k106/k109/ak16 as best budget light of the year?:devil:

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
I ordered TANK007 AAA SSC model. I am not too thrilled with it. The output is less than the venerable original KD Buckle light which is shame. For small EDC, I want SSC beam pattern and TANK007 seemed to had very good reviews.

- Vikas

konfusius

Newly Enlightened
I need your help!

I opened the tailcap of my K-106 and accidentally bent the thin contacts of the actual switch and now it seems that there's no contact to the body anymore :(

Would somebody be so kind and upload a photo of the intact contacts, so that I can see how to re-bend them to their original position?

THX in advance!

Last edited:

lundeholm

Newly Enlightened
Hi!

I own a Fenix L1D which I am very happy with but after reading some threads here on the forums I've become interested in Li-Ion based flashlights :naughty: The AkoRay k-109A seems like a good alternative but before I buy it I would like to compare it sizewize to my Fenix L1D. I would be very greatful if someone could provide a photo of these to lights side by side for comparison.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

konfusius

Newly Enlightened
I need your help!

I opened the tailcap of my K-106 and accidentally bent the thin contacts of the actual switch and now it seems that there's no contact to the body anymore :(

Would somebody be so kind and upload a photo of the intact contacts, so that I can see how to re-bend them to their original position?

THX in advance!

Anybody?

romteb

Enlightened
Here you go.

akorayclicky12.JPG

Mgz

Newly Enlightened
my Akoray AAA survived a full cycle in the washing machine yesterday. :) , no water inside at all.

but 1 month ago my ipod classic took the same trip and she was not that lucky. RIP :(

oldtimer

Enlightened
I have a problem with mine. Mine takes several clicks before it'll turn on and off and it won't stay at the same brightness level when I turn it on and off. Is there some way I could program it or is it defective?

jahxman

Enlightened
I have the AKOray K-103 CREE Q5 1-Mode version of the AAA light; I find it to be very bright, as bright as my LF2X on max.

With a 10440 it draws 700mA at the tailcap; I haven't tried to do a real runtime on it yet.

I find the forward clicky on this light very easy to operate, both for momentary and continuous.

I also have a Ultrafire A6 with a Q5-WC emitter and reverse clicky which I do find hard to operate with any finger.

I fixed this by putting a small round bit of rubber in the boot switch to improve it's reach.

The Ultrafire A6 is drawing 430 mA and producing a lesser amount of light than the AKOray, although floodier and warmer.

Last edited:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the AKOray K-103 CREE Q5 1-Mode version of the AAA light; I find it to be very bright, as bright as my LF2X on max.

With a 10440 it draws 700mA at the tailcap; I haven't tried to do a real runtime on it yet.

I find the forward clicky on this light very easy to operate, both for momentary and continuous.

Yeah... I have this light also... it's a really, really nice, inexpensive, BRIGHT, simple light with a momentary/forward clicky, yet! A great low cost choice.

oldtimer

Enlightened
I have a problem with mine. Mine takes several clicks before it'll turn on and off and it won't stay at the same brightness level when I turn it on and off. Is it defective?

Does anyone know? I was wondering if this is easily fixed or do I need to contact the seller. Thanks.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know? I was wondering if this is easily fixed or do I need to contact the seller. Thanks.

Sounds like a bad switch. Pull off the tail cap end and connect the bottom of the battery to the bare metal of the light (using something conductive like a paper clip) and see if it works.

MerkurMan

Newly Enlightened
Hi!

I own a Fenix L1D which I am very happy with but after reading some threads here on the forums I've become interested in Li-Ion based flashlights :naughty: The AkoRay k-109A seems like a good alternative but before I buy it I would like to compare it sizewize to my Fenix L1D. I would be very greatful if someone could provide a photo of these to lights side by side for comparison.

Thanks! :thumbsup:
I don't have a true L1D, but I do have an LD20 head sitting on an L1D body/tailcap, which should give you a rough idea. ;)

1246633564.jpg