• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired !!! All Aviatrix and GlowFob Customers Please Read !!!

Nebula

Enlightened
It's good to get another update and I'm glad you'll be making a list of orders. That will be reassuring. However, you make no mention of GloFobs. Will those orders also be shipped by mid-January? Will you also make a list of the GloFob orders?

Thanks,
Phredd

Very good question, Phredd.

AC, any chance of this happening?

2swift

Newly Enlightened
Have not been around awhile and come back to find all this. I had almost forgotten about my aviatrix until now. I was supposed to be 2nd in line on the 2nd production run. I e-mailed to find out where it was. Glad to see he is back on his feet.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: !!! All Aviatrix and Glowjob Customers Please Read !!!

This situation is another great example of why PRESALES sshd NOT be allowed on the CPF.

These forum is easy pick-ens.
IMHO Unless one has product in hand to sell then there should be NO sale.
If you have a product and a way to make it, it seems to me that one should be willing to invest ones OWN money into the venture.
Atomic says he has been making refunds within a couple of weeks of requests. That is totally FU. IMHO.
Where did the money which was sent into his PAYPAL account GO?
He spent it on NON related stuff.

IMHO this is Just wrong. It invites GREED.
Guys if you want to make and sell something please do not call upon the good people to finance your venture unless the product will be sold on a truly NON PROFIT basis. If on a presale the presale is being done to finance a project there should be FULL Disclosure. Since the people are taking a risk they should benefit by not having to pay into a system which creates a profit for the maker BEFORE he has sold a single unit.

All presales on the CPF should have FULL DISCLOSURE. All costs and expenses should be published in the thread. Investors should have a choice between INVESTING (in something they will not benefit from) and making a straight up purchase.

Just my opinions sorry if you don't agree. I have seen this happen too many times and watched the powers that be sit idle by.
Yaesumofo

Phredd

Enlightened
It's unfortunate that this pre-sale has gone so wrong, but I wouldn't want to miss out on a great project because of AC. For example, I participated in the Gatlight V3 pre-sale which went very well. If all pre-sales were banned, I wouldn't now have my glorious Gatlight. In all of life, there's good and bad. People have to make choices whether or not to take risks. I wouldn't want the higher powers, whether it be the government in the outside world or the administrators at CPF to feel that they need protect us completely from all bad things.

I would suggest though, that a sticky be made that summarizes all of the pre-sales, both good and bad, with links to the pre-sale threads, so that everyone is aware of what could happen before they take their next risk. CPF could make it mandatory that a warning and a link to this sticky be included at the start of any pre-sales thread.

Phredd

Last edited:

Greta

Flashaholic
Sorry guys.... but I've stated it many times before and I'll state it again.... The CPF adminiatration and/or owner (aka ME!!) will NOT get involved in any way, shape or form in pre-pays! I am not a babysitter and I refuse to be put in the position to protect you all from yourselves. "Caveat emptor"... Perhaps I should somehow incorporate THAT into the CPF logo.... :ironic:

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry guys.... but I've stated it many times before and I'll state it again.... The CPF adminiatration and/or owner (aka ME!!) will NOT get involved in any way, shape or form in pre-pays! I am not a babysitter and I refuse to be put in the position to protect you all from yourselves. "Caveat emptor"... Perhaps I should somehow incorporate THAT into the CPF logo.... :ironic:

Sasha is right, she has stated this many times. Any posts somehow implying responsibility on CPF authority by "sitting idle by" should be edited out IMO. We are all big boys and know the risks assumed when we give money to a modder. Don't blame the board.

As a side comment, I gave AC a warm welcome back but he is seriously blowing it again, people gave him the benefit of the doubt in good faith. The attitude, behavior and posting style is all blah blah blah the AWR style, all too similar. I'm no phsyco-analyzer but these are almost facts. I challenge him to prove me wrong.

Phredd

Enlightened
I didn't know it had been addressed by CPF administrators before, but I'm glad to hear that CPF won't ban pre-sales. I agree that people should be able to watch out for themselves.

A lot of us gave AC warm welcome and basically allowed him to restart with a clean slate. Since then he really hasn't taken advantage of the good will. Instead his responses are still scarce and slow and he has continued to make empty promises. I'm still waiting on a response to my request for info on the GloFobs, while others are still waiting on the list of Aviatrix orders he promised a couple weeks ago.

And those people who are waiting on refunds have a right to question why his "lousy" financial status should have any impact on their refunds. What right did he have to spend their money which was intended to pay for product?

Phredd

Last edited:

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
I have to say that this is a most distressing turn of events, I'm sorry to hear of all the difficulties both sides are having, both AC and his customers who are very patiently waiting for their Aviatrixes

it's a great upgrade, the Aviatrix, I'd hate to see it dissapear, as it really improves an already stellar light

AC, please, you need to keep in better contact with your customer base, who have been more than patient, even if you're still in financial dire staights, a simple status update (perhaps a quick weekly update if you could swing it) to your waiting customers would prevent further "ruffled feathers" as it were

I was contemplating purchasing another A2 and getting another Aviatrix for it, but given this turn of events, I may have to reconsider, as you have a waiting list of customers that have expressed far more patience than I ever could have....

strideredc

Enlightened
I'd love to get one too. I hope AC gets things worked out.

schiesz

i will 'second' that:candle:

come on AC, just an update will help...

when you get it sorted you wil have loads of :paypal::paypal::paypal: to help with your cash flow...

jefft

Enlightened
Greetings!

Current production (starting again today) status: I should be able to ship approx. 1-3 Aviatrix mods per day for the next few weeks, which should (if all goes well...) completely catch up production and have all orders filled by the end of December.

Best wishes,
Bawko

Ok, so that means 25 possible shipping dates since that post. (Sundays and Holidays not counted) My goodness!! 25-75 Aviatrix rings have shipped!!! I'm pretty sure that means most of us have received our rings already!! Except me, of course. I would greatly appreciate it if just _one_ person chimes in and can vouch that they have received a product since 11/26/07. :thumbsdow

Patriot

Flashaholic
What a deterioration this sales thread has undergone. IMO, if a manufacturer/seller doesn't have the funds to launch and stock a product and instead has to rely on pre-sales, the buyer is at a much higher risk if anything goes wrong. It's a shame that this seller has abused everyone's trust and I really feel badly for those who've been so delayed in this deal. Hopefully people will be more cautious in the future about pre-sales.

Last edited:

Latest posts