Americans need SCHOOLED by the Europeans on roundabouts

markr6

Flashaholic
Finally got my Jeep to the body shop (I was waiting on a loaner car to become available). I guess I'm out $500 for the deductible until the insurance company finds it wasn't my fault. Even then, I don't know. We both have the same insurance company so I have a feeling they'll just have each party take care of it themselves and call it a day.

thomas_sti_red

Newly Enlightened
Even then, I don't know. We both have the same insurance company so I have a feeling they'll just have each party take care of it themselves and call it a day.

Had the same problem before. That's why I have an extra insurance for legal assistance with a different company. If both sides have the same insurance than they sort out who's really at fault.

markr6

Flashaholic
Had the same problem before. That's why I have an extra insurance for legal assistance with a different company. If both sides have the same insurance than they sort out who's really at fault.

Interesting. In this case it seems hard to blame me since they ignored the yield. But the sheriff's report was so far off, I don't have much faith in this whole situation.

thomas_sti_red

Newly Enlightened
People who blast into roundabouts without yielding or do other stupid things like that are the same ones that blow through stops signs or refuse to take their turn anyways so those clowns will cause accidents no matter what sort of intersection it is.

My father was a driving instructor training driving instructors. I recall well he told me several times one of his students had again asked him if you should really stop at a stop sign even if the road is clear.
And they are the people "teaching" kids ...

Finally got my Jeep to the body shop (I was waiting on a loaner car to become available). I guess I'm out $500 for the deductible until the insurance company finds it wasn't my fault. Even then, I don't know. We both have the same insurance company so I have a feeling they'll just have each party take care of it themselves and call it a day.

No way! If your insurance company rep. attempts to sell you that nonsense, let him/her know, in no uncertain terms, you're not buying.

~ Chance

markr6

Flashaholic
[/B]

No way! If your insurance company rep. attempts to sell you that nonsense, let him/her know, in no uncertain terms, you're not buying.

~ Chance

I hope they come to a clear solution. I am definitely ready to stand my ground on this. I don't want to say "I don't care about the money", because I do...but it would really make me furious because I KNOW I'm right.

markr6

Flashaholic
What happened to cause the sheriff's report to be "so far off"?

~ Chance

I have no idea. Of course it's in my favor saying that I got hit in the rear, but obviously that's not what happened and not going to get overlooked.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
police does not assign fault, nor they investigate accidents, (unless it is a crime scene) they only fill out reports, if you can prove their report is wrong, ins. company most lilely to disregard it, if not they will go by it, even if damage suggests it is wrong, seen it happen many times, during my time in body shop.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
police does not assign fault, nor they investigate accidents, (unless it is a crime scene) they only fill out reports, if you can prove their report is wrong, ins. company most lilely to disregard it, if not they will go by it, even if damage suggests it is wrong, seen it happen many times, during my time in body shop.

I'd be OK going with the police report! But I doubt that would happen. They're looking into it pretty deep, but seems weird their word vs. mine. Anyone could get in an accident and just lie.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
. Anyone could get in an accident and just lie.

yea, that is pretty much happens all the time. in your case, i'd be quiet and let another party do all the proving, if they can.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
if he did get a ticket it should be in an accident report.

The sheriff told me to go pretty quick, then they went to talk to them. So I assumed they did, but I can't be sure.

:wtf: That seems pretty strange to me. Why'd the sheriff want you to depart during an ongoing investigation?!! I'v been involved in more than my share of automobile collisions (Drove commercially for 30 years) Never was I instructed or allowed to leave until the investigation was concluded.

~ Chance

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
what investigation? for a fenderbender with no injuries??? they do not investigate that, only fill out reports. i too have been driving for about as long, and had my fare share of crashes.

what investigation? for a fenderbender with no injuries??? they do not investigate that, only fill out reports. i too have been driving for about as long, and had my fare share of crashes.

If the police are asked to respond to an automobile accident, they investigate, and cite if one the drivers is clearly at fault. At least that's the way business is conducted up here in the great State of Washington. That's been my experience over the last 40 years of driving and being run into by the stupid.

~ Chance