EV charging cables cut by copper "recyclers"

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Copper is fairly cheap these days. I suppose $25 is $25 and the cords are easy targets.

Cat convertors though, those things get the klepto hundreds of $ each score. And certain vehicles had two side by side in a spot the thief could easily get to and have both in less than ten minutes. Where I work the rear of the parking lot was lined with a row of a favorite vehicle for the cat burglar. (Pun intended) and the summer of 022 those guys had stolen off of around a dozen vehicles.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
its nice living where i dont have to worry about thiefs for a change. for real my last home id worry someone would steal anything i left outside for even 1 minute..here i noticed the other day my shed door was left wide open for days i didnt even check if everything was still there i new it was still there. town is boring as hect but at least no darn thiefs. ..

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Copper is fairly cheap these days. I suppose $25 is $25 and the cords are easy targets.

Cat convertors though, those things get the klepto hundreds of $ each score. And certain vehicles had two side by side in a spot the thief could easily get to and have both in less than ten minutes. Where I work the rear of the parking lot was lined with a row of a favorite vehicle for the cat burglar. (Pun intended) and the summer of 022 those guys had stolen off of around a dozen vehicles.
Heard on news a fella who lives in big city came out to his car to find a thief underneath his car in the process cutting off catalytic.. The owner confronted the guy and got a bullet in his foot. Some of these thieves are armed with more than a sawsall.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Heard on news a fella who lives in big city came out to his car to find a thief underneath his car in the process cutting off catalytic.. The owner confronted the guy and got a bullet in his foot. Some of these thieves are armed with more than a sawsall.
Yes many are, knowing they are about as popular as the repo-man.

Where I work there's an ATF office on the top floor. They have undercover vehicles in one portion of the parking lot. The local cops caught the same guy 3 times in the unmonitored area where our trucks are parked. Same guy tried to grab a cat convertor from an ATF vehicle parked in their monitored area and hasn't been seen since and..... no convertors stolen since. It was a theft ring in a nearby apartment complex.

Those ATF guys look like navy SEALS you see on tv. Navy SEALS in suits and ties.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
btw i dont see as well as i used to but im pretty sure at my local gas station yes gas station i saw a ev charge station this is in a town thats entire county has like 2000 humans. im still wondering if my mind tricked me lol

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
btw i dont see as well as i used to but im pretty sure at my local gas station yes gas station i saw a ev charge station this is in a town thats entire county has like 2000 humans. im still wondering if my mind tricked me lol
Hmmmm. Having an EV anywhere near flammable liquids seems like a very bad thing to me.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
Hmmmm. Having an EV anywhere near flammable liquids seems like a very bad thing to me.
Well unless you see the professor and Marty withe the 8.4 Gigawatt Deloren, with sparks flying, you should be safe. It is more likely a backfire from an ICE will cause a fire. From my experience a simple gas leak hitting a hot part of an I C E is dangerous. Gas pumps are electric. They submerge them in gas tanks. Can I say the F word?

mrfixitman

Enlightened
I can only imagine the surprise when the major spark and welding event happened. When we worked on 22 volt systems for fire alarms the Technician would wear heavy rubber gloves as the 600 volt railway and bus cables might have come down and grounded to our system.

1706718511926.png

mrfixitman

Enlightened

200 kW Solar Kits

• -panel-kit-mono-120-allblack-sma__32932.1699331031.jpg

200kW solar kit Sonali 440 all-black, SMA inverter

Sonali
    200kW solar kit Sonali 440 all-black, SMA inverter three-phase, for commercial installation. Order online or PHONE 888-498-3331 WANT A SOLAR PANEL SYSTEM AT THE LOWEST COST? START SOLAR DESIGN
    SN440-200kW-SMA

$185,900.00
    CHOOSE OPTIONSCOMPARE​
    Let the duma$$ery proceed. But first do the math. 30 year lifespan divided by cars per day. If you had 185 cars using the installation. That would be $1,000.00 per car. How many years would it take to get $1,000.00 in profit per car? Let's say the average bill to charge is $20. That is 50 times. Seems it would pay off in a couple years.

Last edited: