Dog saved from mountain lion by owners armed with flashlights and handgun with help of dog's lighted collar.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Fun looking dog, and I just love how they bounce back, which is what has always made me wish I was a dog!
IMG_1623-scaled.jpg
IMG_1431-scaled.jpg
IMG_1453_2.jpg

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for bringing this up. A neighbor friend lost her dog from a mountain lion attack and my dog was attacked the next night, over 10 years ago.

These events are rare but real. So glad for Furgus and grateful for his family's bravery.

Not a good idea to go out alone in lion country.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Generally no, but if your dog is taken, people will go after the lion, I would, I'd definitely arm myself, with anything, even pitchfork, but i would go too. adrenalin would remove all fear and doubts.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i prefere dogs that a mountain likn wont risk attacking.. its crazy how even some small dogs can scare wild life

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
what are those dogs? I can not think of 1 that could take on a cougar and survive, Even alabai and kangal have no chance against a cougar

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i mean a dog a lion just risk attacking. maybe i watched to many movies lol

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
To fight a cougar you need at least another cougar. or a bear.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i always wanted a bear but i grew up watching grizzly adams lol

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me too, always wanted an exotic pet,. maybe when i retire and move out the city, i'll get one, probably not a bear, or a cougar, but at least a caracal.

Buff

Enlightened
I too loved watching Griz adams. I forget the story but there was a real griz adams the show was about. Apparently he was killed by a bear in the end.
I saw a video of a bigger coyote and a i think bobcat maybe smaller cougar and they started fighting and in seconds the coyote was wrapped up and diner. I felt bad for the dog really.
The OP's story was a good one. Long read well worth it. Thanks.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
there was a modern movie with grizzly adams i guess it was cgi i guess it had to be since he is dead but i turned it off it was to odd

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
there are people who have bears, cougars, panthers. hyenas,..... especially in middle east and africa. cheetahs are like dogs of rich people in Dubai. they are actually quite tameable, and not aggressive,
Mike tyson had a pet tiger once.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
To fight a cougar you need at least another cougar. or a bear.

Bob A

Newly Enlightened
Me too, always wanted an exotic pet,. maybe when i retire and move out the city, i'll get one, probably not a bear, or a cougar, but at least a caracal.
Yeah, best to wait until you leave the city. Those big city cougars can mess you up.