Any oldschool folk here from 10+ years ago?

akula88

Enlightened
Just got back logging on around 2nd quarter this year. Still a SF E-series loyalist and enthusiast.

CPF is a dangerous place for my wallet. It got me hooked with some relatively discomfort. :sssh:

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I was old enough to have been around here as long as some of you all! I've only been into the flashlight scene for about 7 years now and have seen a lot of new developments, I can't imagine what you guys have seen. From ROP mods of 600-700 lumens to new LED mods with 100k lumens and everything in between, pretty cool stuff.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, a decade already. Didn't realise I was this old. My interest in flashlights has never gone away, I just stopped buying so many once I had about 50 of them stashed around the house in different places. I bought two vintage flashlights at an op shop yesterday. An old incan mining light and an Eveready incan from the 80's with a momentary red button in front of the sliding switch.

I popped a warm white led module in the Eveready and it's about as bright as the original bulb but draws only 30ma compared to 480ma. Good emergency light coz it will run for probably hundreds of hours on 3 D cells.

My kids think it's the coolest light in my collection.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ain't dead yet, almost died, but I got a pacemaker installed the end of May to keep me alive. :)

Sambob

Newly Enlightened
10 YRS! WOW, Is It true people back then used to carry a pocket full of stick matches for light??
I've only been here for 5yrs, about the time I found my first love a Thrunite T30S before that I had about 20 Maglites all converted to various brightness of LED.
Welcome back to the darkside young Skywalker.

nbp

Flashaholic
If I can stay awake another hour the clock will tick over to my 12th anniversary here. Crazy!

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy Anniversary!

I am registered on the forum for less than 10 years but I was lurking for a couple of years before I signed up.

spoonrobot

Enlightened
Back 2011 or so I found my perfect EDC and slowly departed the hobby. Sold all my pentagonlights, longbows, zebralights and moved on to other pursuits. Kept my D-Mini but that was about it. Been carrying a Preon P2 since then and haven't needed much more. Picked up some S15s back in 2013 for bike lights but that's been about it until recently.

Was startled to find out how little development there's been in 2xAA and 2xAAA form factor in the past several years. However, the variety of 16340 and 18650 lights has been great. Picked up a Zebralight and a Convoy S2+ and have been shopping around for some others. The difference in this hobby between now and then is amazing.

Don't expect to post very much but wanted to comment and say I'm glad to be back in the hobby and thanks for all who have posted over the years, the information exchange is one of my favorite things about this forum.