Any oldschool folk here from 10+ years ago?

CobraMan

Newly Enlightened
Still here, still buying lights, visit CPF several times a week still. Hard to fathom it's been just over 14 years since I joined - what a great community and source of knowledge we have here!

Cheers,
Tim

CanadianGuy

Newly Enlightened
Been here a long time, rarely post, and all I ever got that wasn't a retail light was an Arc AAA premium(?) as a gift. Still have it, but don't use it much. I'm just a dreamer. Never been good at putting my mind to things, and between work and raising a family, I don't have much time or money anyway.

nbp

Flashaholic
That's for sure - plenty of fun memories and laughs, demonstrations of care and generosity, ingenious designs and ideas. It's been a good run. 🙂

phoneguy

Enlightened
I have been gone for about 3 years. Came back to sign in and had forgotten my password. Greta had to reset it for me. :candle:

Bryan

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Almost ten years for me. Hard to believe really but I do recall the first purchase I made based on info from these forums was an XP-E P60 drop-in for my old Laser Products 6P. Still have both the 6P and the drop-in. I tried the lego scene for a bit and while I still like the idea of them...mostly I prefer lights that have more options for output and I've felt the old SFs to be better single output lights. They still have a place in my gear for sure...just not what they used to.

The Hawk

Enlightened
I have enjoyed this forum for 10 years. I have learned much stuff and enjoyed the humor as well.

Falcon9h

Newly Enlightened
Inactive for several years but joined in 2003 during the days of the Luxeon tint lottery, ARC LS, Mr Bulk, Milkyspit (I was actually the guy that taught him how to solder!) and the first Photon Fest. What ever happened to these folks? Haven't seen any of them. Still have my ARCs. Did loads of mods up till ~2012-13 but now production lights have outstripped anything I could mod.

Just discovered Emisar. The disease has gotten me again! 🙄

"Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

SBranson

Newly Enlightened
Ah, the 6P led... I joined 10 years ago when looking for a replacement to my 6P led. I remember thinking how bright it was at the time and as it was replacing my big dcell Maglite the output for the size was amazing.. but then the Fenix TK10 at 225..! I thought I had the sun in my pocket...
Now 10 years later and I just bought my son a 2500 lumen Rofis and myself an Olight S2R for Christmas and I cant believe how bright and small these things are... Amazing what happens in a decade.

Still use the Surefire.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
I think that those designations are outdated. That thread was started in 2005, so when the OP referred to "oldtimers" the very first members had only been here for 5 years. If 5 years makes a member an old-timer, well, there's a whole lot of us old-timers here now. [emoji6]

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I started lurking and reading posts in 2002 and joined in 2004, but haven't been very active the last few years as house remodel and other hobbies have taken over. I am still making new flashaholics with family and friends though, the last one being just this Christmas [emoji12]

BVH

Flashaholic
I think that those designations are outdated. That thread was started in 2005, so when the OP referred to "oldtimers" the very first members had only been here for 5 years. If 5 years makes a member an old-timer, well, there's a whole lot of us old-timers here now. [emoji6]

Every once in a while I offer this definition of an Oldtimer - including in that other thread: Those who were around during and at the conclusion of the Red Shoes event.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still here some, left for a few years life and all. 2006 seemed like 60 lumens was a big deal now 2000 is pretty common. Amazing amazing stuff ...... :D

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have been following CPF on and off since 2006 or 2007 though I didn't start posting actively until a few years later.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk