Any such thing as a GOOD, low current PR2-base LED?

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LED board for the Superbright looks a little different than the Fulton (respectively, five of those aligned holes per side instead of four, lower quality looking soldering, cheaper looking LED), and the whole thing a little cheaper looking. Probably a different unit.

I'm gonna' pass on that one, but am still slightly interested in PR2-W1-WVR just to see the output vs. battery draw on 2 x D. Hoping it's a good replacement for the SMJLED that will suffer less lumen loss. Totally different beam profile from the shaved and polished SMJ, but if it works well in a large reflector...

As for the 991/U Anglehead, I'm betting the overall best drop-in is gonna' be the 55 lumen Nite Ize. Possibly the best combination of output, draw, and heat management?

Didn't see the difference but I may take a look at getting a couple then along with the PR2-W1-WVR just to check them both out.

I have quite a few older PR bulb Mags and be able to get a better beam with some of these drop-ins thanks to the adjustable focus.

Last edited:

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been satisfied with the 55 L Nite Ize in the Fulton.....at least I havn't felt the need to find something else. Based on current draw, it should run for something like 60 hrs on a set of alkaline D cells, though I generally run mine on a 18650.

The Nite Ize 55L seems to be the best overall value drop-in right now. Not too bad of choice for a reasonably efficient long running light even if it isn't quite the miser we are looking for.