Anybody test those blue tenergy d nimh cells? if so what ya get

chewy78

Enlightened
I was wondering what kind of capacity readings the blue tenergy blue d nimh cells usually put out for anybody who tested and analyzed their capacity at about .5 to 1 amp discharge in the past? Last time I tested some they were in the 7500-8200 range for some cells I bought on a sale once. I just found some more I had and I am testing them on my opus's since my maha mhc9000 for some reason says they are "done" when it reads like 1.2 y o1.3 volts. The maha I believe is rejecting some of the cells im trying out with some new adapters i got. But they are discharging fine on my 2 opus bt-c3400's v2.2 just fine.

Last edited:

chewy78

Enlightened
I have enough of these cells that it pays to test them before buying new ones .

Last edited:

chewy78

Enlightened
well im starting to cycle them using my maha mh c808m for charging and opsus's for discharging and starting to see improvements from 3-4 ah to 6-7 ah so far. will run a couple more cycles to see if they get much above 8-9 ah. capacity.

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you use the c9000 to charge those D cells, you have to do it more than twice, more like 2.5 to almost 3 times because the c9000 limits its charging to only 4000mah each time.

chewy78

Enlightened
Mine goes up to 20,000. But i dont use it . I use the 808 to get more than 2 at a time done. I using 2 opus c3400s for discharging. With a 3rd one on the way.

chewy78

Enlightened
For some reason it doesnt want to disharge the d cells with adapters. It says they are done when they have almost a full charge in them.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
For some reason it doesnt want to disharge the d cells with adapters. It says they are done when they have almost a full charge in them.

Cells going bad or have really bad voltage sag? The blue ones can be like that.

Or the adapters have high resistance. I bought the powerfocus branded ones from banggood. They are actually a bit short and doesn't make good contact with the negative without shaving a bit of the plastic off

Mine goes up to 20,000. But i dont use it .

20K is the max value you can set for the break in mode. Regular charge modes have that 4000mAh safety cutoff. Some models, possibly yours may not have that cutoff, or any cutoff at all.

Last edited:

chewy78

Enlightened
lol this isnt about weather they discharge in the maha properly which i already know they dont probably due to extra resistance. Anybody test those blue tenergy d nimh cells? if so what ya get

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have the blue Tenergy D cells, only the Tenergy Centura LSDs and they are pretty close to claimed capacities, I find them better by having more consistent discharge capacity retention than the twice more expensive Imedion LSDs that I also have.

357mag1

Enlightened
I don't have the blue Tenergy D cells, only the Tenergy Centura LSDs and they are pretty close to claimed capacities, I find them better by having more consistent discharge capacity retention than the twice more expensive Imedion LSDs that I also have.

That has been my experience as well with the Centura cells. Most of my Blue cells died early and none of them had much over 8000mah capacity. The newer Tenergy cells are much better. My Imedian cells all died while most of my Tenergy cells are still going strong.

chewy78

Enlightened
Yes i have about 20 of these I bought a while ago. im first breaking some more of them in now. I am getting roughly 7500mah to 8000mah from the first batch. I figure they are more like 8 ah batteries rather than 10 ah ones as long as they work I will use them untill they die. I got a 6 d maglite with an xhp-50 adventure sport drop in , and a radio that each takes 6 of these. They seam to power up my 6d maglite just fine.

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
How you liking that drop in????

I recently scored a great deal on a 6D, my first 6D as well and really wanted to go Phillips 5761 in it on 6 NiMH 10000aH Tenergy cells but also realize an LED dropin could give me three modes and some serious output. Without being so current heavy as the Incan would be.

What say ye?

chewy78

Enlightened
How you liking that drop in????

I recently scored a great deal on a 6D, my first 6D as well and really wanted to go Phillips 5761 in it on 6 NiMH 10000aH Tenergy cells but also realize an LED dropin could give me three modes and some serious output. Without being so current heavy as the Incan would be.

What say ye?
Those cells drive it fine. I didnt do any run time test with them though. the blue cellls work okay for being nos. I had almost like 19 to 20 of them . I cycled them a couple times t o break them in and im getting 7600- 7800 mah on 6 of them. 7400-7600 mah on the next group of 6 and the rest 7000-7400 mah. Since the led I think requires 6 volts to run at full power, 6 cells will drive it nicely the throw isnt the best though. My tk41 will out throw it a little bit.

Last edited: