Anybody work on Mac's lights?

ftumch33

Enlightened
That one was my Ti-Edc :)
I wanted to use the 18350's for more capacity so I sent it off to Barry to be bored out.
I gotta tell you it`s an amazing job he did boring the light. Very clean and smooth :)
Turn around time was very fast even though I sent the light a little later than I had origionally intended.
Now I just have to get the emitter upgraded!

hawkmoon69

Newly Enlightened
i need to upgrade my emitter too...any word recently on who's doing them? i think mac got his from lux-rc but dont think they sell them individually

IsaacL

Enlightened
i need to upgrade my emitter too...any word recently on who's doing them? i think mac got his from lux-rc but dont think they sell them individually

A list of the usual suspects can be found here.
I believe Flucero and SOYCD only work on Tri's. An excellent discussion on SST-50/XM-L EDC upgrades can be found here.

Could you please clarify which light you have and what you want to have done? When you say "upgrade the emitter", I assume you actually want to replace the driver/MPCB/LED(s), not just an emitter swap.

Lux-RC does sell light engines but they are pricey and not the best choice for single cell applications. I'd recommend an AMC1735 based 105C driver. For example, here are some replacement engines SOYCD made last year:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...Light-Engine-Upgrade-with-Programmable-Driver
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...S-Tri-EDC-Light-Engine-Upgrade-Run-2-ALL-SOLD

hawkmoon69

Newly Enlightened
ah, thanks. I have Mac's old version of the neutral tri-edc. Before he went awol, he had the new and improved one, which i emailed him about numerous times but no luck. Ideally, I would like L-M-H with a 1% low and the latest and greatest blazing output on high. I'll look down the avenues you suggested. thanks!

qmtu

Enlightened
Hi,
I'm new to this forum.
I just bought a Titanium Mac Tri-EDC, which hasn't arrived yet.
It is clip-less and apparently has cool white tint.

How would I go about finding out what light engine it has. Would a picture of the back of the light engine tell the story?
Also, who currently works on this light, such as putting in a new light engine, or making a clip.
I read above that flucero28 is not active anymore.
Does ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond still work on them, or Vinh?

Thanks for your reponses.

qmtu

Enlightened
Addendum:

I see the list of people who work on Tri-EDC. It is from 2014.
Anyone new that is working on them?

IsaacL

Enlightened
Not that I know of. The list (my list) was last updated may 2015.

Also, Flucero is 100% active. I don't know where you got that info.

Last edited:

qmtu

Enlightened
I got the info from messages #5 and #14 of this thread.
But I'm happy that he's still active!
I'll pm him, thanks Isaact for the info!