Anyone have the SkyRC NC2500 charger?

Floating Spots

Enlightened
What are the current versions?
Mine did not go through the firmware update described.
My revisions are App = 0.9.8, firmware 1.05.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
My revisions are App = 0.9.8, firmware 1.05.

0.9.8 contains 1.05
that was posted on October 28, 2013
that's the latest code!

0.9.7 contained 1.04, and was posted on September 1, 2013

apparently your devices (smartphone+charger) underwent some automatic updating without you noticing :nana:

AleXis6

Newly Enlightened
The first thing that surprised me was the high internal resistance of a relatively new battery.
it is inaccuracy of scyrc2500.
I have icharger and special tool for connecting battery and for example Rin 30mOM in I charger it is approximately 50-60 mOm in SkyRC2500

Last edited:

AleXis6

Newly Enlightened
I originally wanted to record the resistance of each battery and used that to track the value over time.

it is not needed due to not good connection battery/charger, so R of the connection comparable with Rin and every time you will see different mesuares

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
see please http://s23.postimg.org/esqwvw1bf/Screenshot_2013_09.png
I disagree, at least at the previous FW it wasn't

Yeah all good. It was simply a quote from their user manual. I think they were referring to the display on the actual device LCD, but you'd know better than me. The amount of energy put into a cell on break-in (not brake-in, btw SkyRC, sheesh!) is of no use whatsoever as it's just timed charge rate x 16 hours. Hopefully this is something they remedy with updates.

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
see please http://s23.postimg.org/esqwvw1bf/Screenshot_2013_09.png
I disagree, at least at the previous FW it wasn't
One small difference I see in the Iphone version Break In is spelt correctly.

Just wondering why it only shows 3 cell locations in your picture? the Iphone version would show all 4 even if some were empty. From the screen shots I've seen I'd say the Iphone app is tidier than the adroid app, perhaps because of all the different screen resolutions for android.

Norm

Last edited:

Planz

Newly Enlightened
I have icharger and special tool for connecting battery and for example Rin 30mOM in I charger it is approximately 50-60 mOm in SkyRC2500

That's good to know. Even though I'm using it as a trend tracking aid, it seems the base accuracy is way off from the numbers you quoted.

Norm

Retired Administrator
One Eneloop chosen at random showed 67mOHM on my scrc2500 the same cell tested on a SkyRC i-Meter showed 35mOHM :(

At least this might be able to fixed with a firmware upgrade.

Norm

Last edited:

Planz

Newly Enlightened
it is not needed due to not good connection battery/charger, so R of the connection comparable with Rin and every time you will see different mesuares

Out of curiosity, I did some short experiments to get an idea of the repeatability readings from the NC charger.

31-10-20138-14-59PM_zpsc92c996b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P.S. anyone can share with me how to format properly? I just did a copy and paste from excel.

I did another measurement of the same battery this time using a multimeter and a 1 Ohm load and got the following readings:
Voltage no load = 1.359V
Voltage with load = 1.25V (this reading fluctuates a fair bit so I try to take the first 'stable' reading)
Rint = (1.359-1.25)*1/1.25 = 87 mOhm

Above measurement and calculation method was from taken from HKJ's website
http://lygte-info.dk/info/Internal impedance UK.html

Disclaimer: Any error is solely my own.

Last edited:

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
...anyone can share with me how to format properly? I just did a copy and paste from excel.

You can use the "code" button that looks like a hash symbol #, but you would have to alter the original format a bit, as it only does one line per cell that way, so it ends up being a bit wide with the amount of text you have there.

Planz

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. I'll leave it at that for now and append image.
Also added measurement of internal resistance using multimeter and 1 Ohm external load.

Last edited:

AleXis6

Newly Enlightened
One Eneloop chosen at random showed 67mOHM on my scrc2500 the same cell tested on a SkyRC i-Meter showed 35mOHM :(

At least this might be able to fixed with a firmware upgrade.
I think no. It is hardware issue. The R of the connection is high. it must be very good Cu contacts for right Rin.
I tried to check Rin by icharger and standart wires and connection and it was 50mOm, after that I made special tool with short wires from high quality audio cabel

http://s17.postimg.org/hj5e7ongf/IMAG0240.jpg

after that the Rin 28-32mOm for new Eneloop AA

AleXis6

Newly Enlightened
I am checking new FW right now ...

With new firmware situation as previous: after break-in I see just charging capacity=0,1C *16.
No any possibility to see discharge capacity if you weren't near the charger at that time.

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
With new firmware situation as previous: after break-in I see just charging capacity=0,1C *16.
No any possibility to see discharge capacity if you weren't near the charger at that time.

So the charger LCD does show the discharged capacity at "done"? If so, that is what I was trying to say anyway, I wasn't talking about what it says on the app. I even specified that that was what I was talking about in the original quote "...(on the LCD screen for that slot at the completion of the program)."
If you're within bluetooth range of the charger I'm sure it's not that much of a trial to walk to the charger and look at the LCD... Which you have to do to remove the cells from the charger anyway.

Last edited: