Anyone have the SkyRC NC2500 charger?

Floating Spots

Enlightened
In post 101, I had app version 0.98 and fw 1.05 on the Android side. Since then, I had a firmware load and I am at app 0.98 and fw 1.09.
What is your Dec 3rd fw version?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Infinito

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys.

I have a minor problem with the NC2500 charger. Problem lies in connecting to it by bluetooth, with an Android tablet. The tablet is Asus Memopad HD 7, with stock Asus Android installed.

We also have 2 Android phones in house (LG Optimus 4X HD and LG Nexus 4) and they both connect without a problem.
The process that was used on all three devices upon first connection is:
  • Holding down Enter button on NC2500 for five seconds
  • Going into Android bluetooth settings, finding the charger and pairing it
  • Opening the SkyRC application
  • At this point both phones connected instantly (in a little more than a second), but the tablet never seems to connect. After about 10 seconds I will get some notification, that has two buttons, one of them says "scan other". If I press that I get a spinning wheel and after another 10 seconds it will show something that looks like a MAC address of the charger, but it will never connect.

I also wrote to the support, asking if tablets are maybe not supported and this is what I got back: "NC2500 charger supports both iOS and Android."

BTW, both application on the tablet and the firmware on the charger are up to date. If I forgot to give some additional information, please ask.

Has any of you had a similar problem and solved it?

Thanks for reading through :)

Norm

Retired Administrator
Here's an odd one for you, we had a hot day yesterday, I heard a noise from my office, the fan was running on the NC2500, no cells anywhere near it but it was plug in to a 12V source.

Norm

linc

Newly Enlightened
Here's an odd one for you, we had a hot day yesterday, I heard a noise from my office, the fan was running on the NC2500, no cells anywhere near it but it was plug in to a 12V source.

Norm

I live in Australia QLD and the fan on my NC2500 runs periodically all day long even when it's just pugged in with no cells in it.
(don't know what it dose in the night)

digiowl

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for jumping in here, but i want to get one clarified.

Can the USB port be used as a "power bank"?

Meaning, is there any ways to use inserted batteries to charge a device without the AC being plugged in?

lowks

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for jumping in here, but i want to get one clarified.

Can the USB port be used as a "power bank"?

Meaning, is there any ways to use inserted batteries to charge a device without the AC being plugged in?

It can't be used in "power bank" mode like XP4. You have to have the AC plugged in.

AleXis6

Newly Enlightened
another SKYrc's bag after december FW update.
allways charger is starting charge with 0,3A for AA only for slot #2 (1,0 for another slots).
and it is impossible to change this setting (I know where this parameter in the menu, but it doesn't remember my setting).

Floating Spots

Enlightened
Mine remembers the current set last in the app. It seems to remember this even through a short power cycle.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Almighty1

Newly Enlightened
My question is has anyone tried the C/D adapters on this and does it work?

Also, it seems the competition, the Maha C9000 and the BT-C2000 both have a 20,000mAH capacity versus the 3,500mAH limit on this one, I wonder if they can increase it in firmware?

Šokre

Newly Enlightened
As android phone owner i wonder how good is application for this charger updates often and how is support for charger from manufacturer ? :)

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I really like it and have both the Opus and Maha but the powerful Bluetooth app is great and tips the scale in its favor.

Ferdinando

Newly Enlightened
Maybe someone can help me to understand.

I have charged 4 Eneloop AAA (at this moment I don't remember exactly the model, they are white with ENELOOP written in blue) with this charger.

500 mA charging current, no trickle, max voltage 1.50V.

with other bulk AA Ni-Mh 2500 mAh I have the dv/dt
termination; with Eneloop I have seen the
max voltage termination.
It is a normal behavior with Eneloop ?

Sorry I am not so much expert about Ni-Mh.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Maybe someone can help me to understand.

I have charged 4 Eneloop AAA (at this moment I don't remember exactly the model, they are white with ENELOOP written in blue) with this charger.

500 mA charging current, no trickle, max voltage 1.50V.

with other bulk AA Ni-Mh 2500 mAh I have the dv/dt
termination; with Eneloop I have seen the
max voltage termination.
It is a normal behavior with Eneloop ?

Yes it is, if you check my reviews you will see most chargers uses voltage termination for white eneloops, the black eneloops are more likely to terminate on -dv/dt.
With the sky charger you can raise the termination voltage a bit and get -dv/dt termination, I tried that in my review of the charger.

Ferdinando

Newly Enlightened
Yes it is, if you check my reviews you will see most chargers uses voltage termination for white eneloops, the black eneloops are more likely to terminate on -dv/dt.
With the sky charger you can raise the termination voltage a bit and get -dv/dt termination, I tried that in my review of the charger.

Thanks HKJ.
I've read a lot of your reviews, even the NC2500 review.
And I remember your annotation about the -dv/dt termination on NC2500.
With my bulk Ni-Mh, usually when I set 1.5V of voltage termination, I have the -dv/dt.
For this matter I've been surprised.

Here I have read that exist also the dT/dt termination, where the temperature sensor is required.
Instead it seems that the -dV/dt does not require the temperature sensor.
I am a bit confused about.
Sayng -dV/dt does not involves the temperature measure ?

HKJ

Flashaholic
Thanks HKJ.
I've read a lot of your reviews, even the NC2500 review.
And I remember your annotation about the -dv/dt termination on NC2500.
With my bulk Ni-Mh, usually when I set 1.5V of voltage termination, I have the -dv/dt.
For this matter I've been surprised.

Here I have read that exist also the dT/dt termination, where the temperature sensor is required.
Instead it seems that the -dV/dt does not require the temperature sensor.
I am a bit confused about.
Sayng -dV/dt does not involves the temperature measure ?

Letters:
t=time
T=temperature
V=Voltage (V is correct, but i am often lazy and writes v).
d=delta, i.e. variation

-dV/dt is a negative voltage variation over time, with old batteries or low charge currents this can be difficult to detect.
dT/dt is a positive temperature variation over time, due to ambient changes and heat from the charger it can be difficult to get reliable.

The best chargers will check for both and a couple more indicators for end of charge.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
My question is has anyone tried the C/D adapters on this and does it work?

Also, it seems the competition, the Maha C9000 and the BT-C2000 both have a 20,000mAH capacity versus the 3,500mAH limit on this one, I wonder if they can increase it in firmware?

Yes, they work fine.

I really like this charger/analyzer and especially the Bluetooth remote app. I have most of the quality charger/analyzers out there but this is my fave for NiMH. It beeps and notifies you when a battery is finished charging, among many other functions, which saves a ton of time when recharging lots of AAA's because you don't have to keep checking the LEDs.

Ferdinando

Newly Enlightened
Yes, they work fine.

I really like this charger/analyzer and especially the Bluetooth remote app. I have most of the quality charger/analyzers out there but this is my fave for NiMH. It beeps and notifies you when a battery is finished charging, among many other functions, which saves a ton of time when recharging lots of AAA's because you don't have to keep checking the LEDs.

Can you suggest me a shop where buy such C/D adapter for MAHA and NC2500 ?
Many Thanks.