anyone know how to reinstall windows 11 cleanly?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
every dang time i do a clean install even wipe and format hardrive damn crap micorcrap reinstall apps i no longer want.. apps that are not microsoft apps just aapps i once used thaat i no longer want or use.. i. do install as a new device but somehow it gets the info from my microsft account and reinstall these dang apps

LRJ88

Enlightened
Have you attempted purging the apps from your account to begin with instead? Apps shouldn't really be installing on their own otherwise regardless of what.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i have no idea whats up lol all i can figure it has something to do with my game console uses windows 11 and iuse same acct on my windowos 11 laptop.. but its so wierd i reinstall completly wipe hardrive a full format. i tell microsoft set it up as brand new computer. but ina hour the old apps will be back lol...

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking of installing it off of the downloadable ISO awhile back, but it's really not worth it to me right now. Is that how you are doing it?

Toulouse42

Enlightened
I had to reluctantly upgrade my old Windows 7 PC to Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago. (No options were given!!!) There are apps on there that aren't MS apps but are installed as part of a standard installation. I don't think you can avoid it but just have to uninstall the apps afterwards. My previous experience with Win 10 is that these may come back from time to time. I also have a Win 11 system but that came pre installed so I have no experience of your problem. Good luck.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
turns it was the app called once drive omg i hate that app it sucks lol it kept synching all my windows computers or gaming devices worst program ever

Toulouse42

Enlightened
OK Onedrive can be disabled on Win 11. Somewhere on the lower right hand side of the screen, you will find the icon for onedrive. You can disable it in settings. If you're not sure what to do, just google it. I loathe it too, particularly because it will try with all its might to get you to save files to it by default. WARNING - check first what files are on there as they may disappear from every where if you disable the app. Even though I thought I had never used it, there was still some data there!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Disabling one drive was easy to remember to do with my alienware because I was using it offline and it kept warning me it couldn't download anything while off line. I had to look up how to as well but that was one thing I did early on.

With everything geared to the internet it's like getting ET to quit trying to call home. Ten kept telling me the virus protection wasn't updated but so far Eleven has not pestered me in that way.

On my work computer the mother ship programs my computer for their internet security and most just use the cloud. The IT guy says "why is your hard drive full?" as if that's not normal anymore. What I do is unplug from the internet, do my work like writing reports in Word or do an Excel document and when done plug it back in so One Drive can do its thing. It's easy to remember when working in the field because I have to physically turn on stuff like a hot spot for internet access. Some days it doesn't go online at all. Sometimes for weeks.

In the office it's online unless I unplug the cord and turn off the wifi transmitter. If I go too many days without putting it on the internet I get an email on the company phone that my computer security has lapsed. Wait another month and everything gets locked up. They have it set up where if I go 45 days without "plugging in" it defaults into a locked mode. Rrrrrrrr, that's aggrevating. It freaks out the IT guy who has to do some actual work to get it going again. D@m office dweller acts like it's really hard to install some updates.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
if my hard rive on my main rig gets full lol ill be pissed. well its 2 ssds both2 terabytes so 4 terabytes. but ima idiot they dont match ones is a Samsung 970 and other a 990..at least this time i was smart enough to install os on the 990. but my gamming handheld that uses windows whcihis a dumb idea only has 512 gb. i have no idea why a gaming rig would use windows. big bloated and useless if you ask me for a gaming device

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
Just get Linux Mint.
This right here. I have Mint on one of my machines and Ubuntu on the other. Mint is the closest Linux OS to Windows and a good choice for the novice user. After Windows 7 e.o.l., I was determined to never use it again. Too much bloatware, spying, telemetry and restrictions on using it. Linux is Soooo much better in every way; privacy, ownership and customization. True, there are some programs and hardware that won't run on Linux, but any more they are few and far between. There are also alternative and In some cases better programs like LibreOffice and GIMP you can get for free. It's easy to install or just to try out and see if you like it. Viruses are also extremely rare because there are too many versions of it and not enough users to justify writing the code.
Just get Linux Mint.