Anyone know of an Ecogear FX 3000mAh protected review?

Jshel2000

Newly Enlightened
I've been trying to buy better cells than what I currently have, two ecogear FX 3000mAh cells, but I have no idea if they even meet the capacity they say they do. Their website DOES say they make a discharge current of 0.5C, 1500mA, according to the site, and they are protected cells. I would like to see a review of them though, and something that tells me if they are a rewrap of something. Anyone know of a review I could look at?

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been trying to buy better cells than what I currently have, two ecogear FX 3000mAh cells, but I have no idea if they even meet the capacity they say they do. Their website DOES say they make a discharge current of 0.5C, 1500mA, according to the site, and they are protected cells. I would like to see a review of them though, and something that tells me if they are a rewrap of something. Anyone know of a review I could look at?

Who knows? Just pack those away and buy some quality cells. $15 for two of yours on Amazon buys you really good cells like the Sanyo Panasonic NCR-GA 3500mAh 10A jobbies. Heck, you can get to Sony VTC-5s, 5As, or 6s, for $15.

Chris

Jshel2000

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I know full and well that there are better cells. I just kind of want to know 'how bad'

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I know full and well that there are better cells. I just kind of want to know 'how bad'

Get an Opus BT 3100, or a Liitokala Lii 500 analyzing charger and see what you see. That's all that I can offer up, as I've never seen those cells before.

You can also measure your lights, find one of the settings where the current draw is close to 1A and then measure a charged cell on a timer and get an idea as to capacity, that way.

Chris