Anyone tried either the Jetbeam Jet II Mk, Jetbeam Jet II Pro AL or Niteye EC R16?

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw all 3 of these lights after clicking on a Jetbeam link on the main page. It led me to Amazon, which also included the Niteye listed above. So I decided to look into them. All 3 lights have a Cree XPL, with the XPL HI in the Jetbeam Jet II Pro.

The Jetbeam Jet II mk is a twisty operated CR123/16340 light as are the other 2. But the others have side switches. The Jet II mk is the least expensive at around $29, and it outputs 510L on turbo. Its also got a .5L moonlight, 5L low, 100L medium and 510L high. Its short and it looks well made.

The Jetbeam Jet II Pro AL looks very different and has the most detailed machining to it's body. It has the same modes as the Jet II mk, .5L, 5L, 100L and 510L. But it has a flat metal side switch. It looks really cool. It comes with 2 stainless steel bezels. Cost $49.

The Niteye EC R16 is a cr123 light with a side switch, usb charging, and it has a wider reflector than the others. it's output is higher at 750L turbo, 120L, 50L, and 5L low. It has a low battery warning light in the switch. Its about $45. It seems this light is sold under both the Niteye and Jetbeam brands.

Has anyone bought one of these, and if so what do you think of it? I've owned 3 Jetbeam lights and had zero problems with any of them.

Last edited:

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Jet II Pro doesn't have USB recharging. It is a very nice little light though and has a very good UI IMO.

JetBeam seem to rate the throw as better with the Niteye, although I'm not sure how this works, as that is XP-L vs the XP-L HI for the Jet II Pro. If it's got a bigger reflector, ie a bigger head. Then maybe, else seems a little confusing.

I like having Moonlight, which the Niteye doesn't seem to have.

So really depends what features you want exactly. I suspect in terms of illumination, i.e. pointing the torch at something and lighting it up, all three will be similar. So it comes down to the specific things you want the light to do.

I have the Jet II Pro and it ranks as one of my favourite mini lights. It comes with a plain bezel, so you can bin that stupid one that they use in all the pictures.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
there is a small thread on here for the Jetbeam Jet II mk.
It's decent, picked it up on a recent sale for $24 or so. Impeceble anodizing, clean beam. So if you like the interface i'd say you're good to go.

Danielsan

Enlightened
I have the R16 and its a decent and underrated light, it looks tiny compared to other CR123 lights. The machining and color is awesome. Is this sold under the Jetbeam label as well? I dont have the Jet II but it seems to be a great light as well, good looking. What i like about the R16 is the elegant mode ramping, it ramps with a little delay and the light slowly increase/decrease the brightness until your selected mode is reached. Some jetbeam/niteye lights have that "soft" mode selection ^^

swan

Banned
I bought a jetbeam 11 pro aluminium about a month ago and i am very happy with it. So much so i have not used any of my olight s1,s since the jets arrival.

It has the best high quality metal ui switch button i have used -silky, direct, perfect non gawling. I measure the high at 520 lumens and 6000 candela of throw. These are superb little lights. With features such as the xpl hi and a 3 minute turbo it really is an ideal edc at only 67mm long.

Of note is the medium runtime which is stated as 1.5 hrs by jetbeam which is incorrect as i get 2 and a half hours with a aw 16340 550mah imr cell. I measure the medium at 130 lumens on my light measuring device.

Double click to moonlight when off or double click for turbo when on, also has physical lock out and even has access to all levels in electronic lockout mode.

The light is a stand out with its highly detailed stainless steel work and A grade finish which is equal to or better than some expensive custom made lights and can be bought in a group buy for less than $40-.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
If these lights, particularly the Jetbeam Jet II Pro AL, are as well made as seems to be the case, I wonder why we don't hear as much hype around them as with the Olight S1's?

swan

Banned
If these lights, particularly the Jetbeam Jet II Pro AL, are as well made as seems to be the case, I wonder why we don't hear as much hype around them as with the Olight S1's?

I guess hype is generated more with free samples handed out to the usual reviewers. Jetbeam seem less pro active in this area.

I also think the olight s1 was such a huge success that people probably feel content with them.

Jetbeam seemed to lose its way in the last couple of years releasing some very ordinary lights but the jet 11 pro is an exception. Once you get used to the soft start ui it has even more functions than the s1 and becomes second nature.

The S1 and Jet 11 pro share many similarities such as 4 x very similar output modes 2 auto shut off timers both at 3 mins and 9 mins as well as being similar size and no PWM. I think that anyone that likes the s1 will really like the jet 11 pro as well.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Jet II Mk and really like the beam profile with the xp-l hi emitter. Great light for the price!

Trevilux

Enlightened
Arrived my Jet-II MK

Jet-II%2BMK.jpg

JetBeam%2BII%2BMK%2Btail.jpg

My meassurements with 16340 and with CR123A (for moonlight mode my equipment can not read data: is an estimate)

81nVaNE.jpg

Beam Jet-II MK

beam%2BJet-II%2BMK.jpg

Beam with other little 16340:

Jet%2BII%2BMK%2Bbeam%2Bcomparative.gif

Group Pics:

Nueva%2BJetII%2BMK.jpg

Pck%2BJetbeam%2BMK.jpg

Jet%2BII%2BMK%2Bwith%2Bbattery.jpg

No doubt one of my smallest CR/RCRT123A lights:

Jet%2BII%2BMK%2Bin%2Bhand.jpg

Trevilux

Enlightened
one extra graph for see the step and after that I cycle again to turbo:

Yg4w9Jv.jpg

Temperature over surface:
0 minutes: 25.2 ºC
1 minute: 38.7 ºC
2 minutes: 40.2 ºC
3 minutes: 40.6 ºC
4 minutes: 41.0 ºC
5 minutes: 41.6 ºC
6 minutes: 49.0 C (Turbo cicled again)
7 minutes: 49.5 ºC
8 minutes: 48.9 ºC

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bumping this thread because I've been using the Jet-ii Pro Ti and am really liking it. First it looks really great the stressed black finish on the ti looks really great. Reminds me of the beautiful stressed finish on the Overready Boss, but this one is darker an on titanium so it should be much more durable. If you want flashy the purple-green or gold-green finishes just look outstanding also for a light in this price range.

BUT... the important thing is the UI is really nice, starting with the nice metal button. You've probably seen those beautiful S-Mini lights... but Olight changed the UI from the S1 and ruined the operation of the memory mode and less than optimal electronic lockout only. Well Jetbeam got it right still, pretty good electronic lockout, shortcut access to true moonlight from off (does not change memory setting), shortcut access to 'turbo' from on (does not change memory setting), retains simple click-on/click-off. Unfortunately no true mechanical lockout for the Ti version (I think it might be possible in Al version from what I've read). The clip is a bit fiddly since it's indexed, but is under tension from the tail cap. You need to learn compress it at the right location with one hand while tightening the tailcap with the other to make battery replacement smooth. The clip is also a bit ugly being just silver metallic colored on lights that have such great finishes. Until someone makes a nice replacement though it works well if you need it, but it's not deep carry style (though tail is pretty short) and some may not like the available indexed positions. For emergency use instant/shortcut access to strobe is available from on or off (does not affect memory setting).

Jetbeam is on a role again with several models that are very great and really cost effective in their categories.